Sponsored

Trump pulling out of the Trans-Pacific P/ship

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Does anyone know what the ramifications will be for those ordering a Mustang in the future if Trump opts out of the FTP, like he is saying he will do. I'm thinking the Mustang is about to get dearer again, if some sort of a tariff is placed back on imported goods from the USA. Would be thinking that the Aussie Government would be encouraging people to buy cars from those countries inside the TPP by not taxing so highly?

I admit I am not that well versed on the subject so please be kind. :shrug:

Cheers
:)
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Does anyone know what the ramifications will be for those ordering a Mustang in the future if Trump opts out of the FTP, like he is saying he will do. I'm thinking the Mustang is about to get dearer again, if some sort of a tariff is placed back on imported goods from the USA. Would be thinking that the Aussie Government would be encouraging people to buy cars from those countries inside the TPP by not taxing so highly?

Cheers
I am no expert, but the USA does more trade with Australia than vice versa. I would think that the Australian Government would use the 'threat' of import tariffs to 'encourage' them to keep a US military presence in Australia, etc, so I would be surprised if they did tariffs to a powerful ally.

However, its just another reason to get anxious about the wait.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
We need to wait..

The reason the TPP is being axed is the little stupid things the Globalists stuck in there. One Item I have heard of is the Trademarking of the name Tequila. Apparently the Mexican govt would be able to collect royalties from any company using that name on their product.

I think the Mustang export to Oz and the jobs it represents is something that OZ has as a bargaining chip in direct negotiations with the US.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Found the following quotes on the SBS news site.

"Head of Economics at the University of Western Australia’s Business School, Professor Peter Robertson has told SBS that Australia would not be impacted economically if US President-elect Donald Trump withdraws his nation from the 12-country Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).

Prof Robertson told SBS it would still be "business as usual" for Australia if Trump does go ahead with his plan to leave the TPP."

Sponsored

spronston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
We already have a bilateral free trade agreement with the US (in place since 2005). I believe all car tariffs were to be phased out entirely by 2015 under that agreement.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
There will be no effect on Mustang buyers :thumbsup:

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
The reason the TPP is being axed is the little stupid things the Globalists stuck in there. One Item I have heard of is the Trademarking of the name Tequila. Apparently the Mexican govt would be able to collect royalties from any company using that name on their product.
I believe the trademarking of name like Tequila is very common all over the world and not limited to TPP. Most European countries follow this under protected designation of origin (PDO), protected geographical indication (PGI), and traditional specialities guaranteed (TSG). I would think of this like a brand name e.g. Mustang resonates with enthusiasts more than lets say Ford Fiesta. This will continue well into the future..

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016

Cheers
I think we might get affected indirectly i.e. Trump wanted to scrap NAFTA, which would mean higher tariffs for Mexican Ford plants or component providers. In absence of proper trade route/tariff etc, Ford might not be able to get necessary components quickly leading to increased cost and delayed productions. Such issues can result in delayed deliveries for international market.

Fingers crossed that this storm blows over soon :headbonk:
Sponsored