Truck Transport to Dealer

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
My car is coming cross-country by train and I understand it comes into Auburn, WA. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to truck it from Auburn to the dealer? Do they only make runs to dealers on certain days of the week? My dealer is Bickford Ford in Snohomish, WA. Looks my car should be in Auburn by early this coming week.
Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
It took mine a week from hitting the rail yard to getting to the dealer. Nobody could explain why, it just took FOREVER!!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
My car is coming cross-country by train and I understand it comes into Auburn, WA. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to truck it from Auburn to the dealer? Do they only make runs to dealers on certain days of the week? My dealer is Bickford Ford in Snohomish, WA. Looks my car should be in Auburn by early this coming week.
John, once your car arrives at the railhead in Orillia (just north of Kent, by the way, not Auburn), it may sit on the train car for up to a day before it's actually unloaded.

Once it's unloaded, the railhead transport company will need to build a full load before making the trip to your dealership. That may take a day or two. Luckily, Bickford is a very large volume dealership and likely gets 4-5 shipments per week. The transport company (and Bickford Motors) are closed on Sunday, but that leaves 6 days a week for deliveries.

Once your car gets to Bickford, they'll need to check it in, run it through their service department for the official PDI (pre-delivery inspection), then get it detailed/fueled for your delivery. That may take a few hours or a day or two depending on how many vehicles are prioritized ahead of yours.

So, in summary, once your car arrives at the railhead, it may be 3-5 days before it's at Bickford Motors and ready for you to pick up.

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks Brian! Much appreciated.
Sponsored