Trade In/Trade Up Deals

RazorRamon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet SS
In a few different threads I've seen that people have asked what others got on their previous mustang's trade in/trade up deal to a new mustang or a new model. I thought it would be good to have an open space for people to share if they want to and help the community get an idea of what they are getting themselves into. I'm not currently looking to do this, but I'm curious for the future.

RR
Sponsored

jsowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking
I would like to learn this as well. I've been in the market for a lightly used GT, but the prices are higher than I can get a new one for, or very close.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I would like to learn this as well. I've been in the market for a lightly used GT, but the prices are higher than I can get a new one for, or very close.
According to another poster earlier today, the higher used prices are easily and heavily negotiated down. No specifics were shared though.

Up until this point I had thought the same thing. Buy new instead of used...it's cheaper. I'm comfortable with the new prices, means no one else drove it, more of a warranty, etc...but at the same time, $5k+ difference might make it worth it to go used.

-Emt1581

jsowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking
I have tried negotiating, using koons pricing as a reference, basically saying why I should I buy your used car for more than I can get a new one for. 99% tell me to buy new after much back and forth. The best I have been able to do was 25.5 for a base and 28.5 for a premium, which is in the ballpark of resonable. Unfortunately I couldn't get away from work to look at those vehicles and was not going to put a deposit down on something I haven't seen or driven in person.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I have tried negotiating, using koons pricing as a reference, basically saying why I should I buy your used car for more than I can get a new one for. 99% tell me to buy new after much back and forth. The best I have been able to do was 25.5 for a base and 28.5 for a premium, which is in the ballpark of resonable. Unfortunately I couldn't get away from work to look at those vehicles and was not going to put a deposit down on something I haven't seen or driven in person.
While I've never shopped for a used Mustang (throwing numbers around with dealers/private sellers), your experience of them not really budging, has been mine with other cars.

So many suckers looking for cars, no need to dick around with someone that knows better.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

OP
OP
RazorRamon

RazorRamon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet SS
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Black, PP, 201A, Parking, Security
9,200 Miles

Received $24,000 as a trade-in

Originally purchased for $25,400 with 3,300 miles on it

They didn't want the PP wheels and kept my winter set on so that was another $1100 in my pocket off a craigslist sale.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I picked up a new 2016 EB 2 weeks ago.
After negotiating for about 40 minutes they accepted my asking price as I was leaving. The deal included an 11 year old Saturn Ion. I got KBB 'good' condition trade in value for it.

On the street (total price) was $24,100. No options except for the Ecoboost engine.
Sponsored