Sponsored

Took her to the mountains for some "spirited driving" lol

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Drove up to the Helen Ga area over the weekend and i have to say, this car far outperforms our 2011 GT w Brembo package:clap2:

Sponsored

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Hell yeah, mountains/canyons is where I go to drive the gt, aside from that she basically sits at home. It's been a few days, I think she's due for another flogging... Thanks for the motivation!

OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Hell yeah, mountains/canyons is where I go to drive the gt, aside from that she basically sits at home. It's been a few days, I think she's due for another flogging... Thanks for the motivation!
Too much fun not to; My 2011 scared the crap out of us on the same roads that i pushed the S550 twice as hard on!!

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Mountain Flogging!! Great stuff! I was up flogging mine about a week ago, and I'm glad I backed out of it when I did (clairvoyance)... I backed down from about 65 in 35 to around 40ish, and when I rounded the next corner there were two county Sheriffs sitting there with their RADAR, I got lucky! But I will do it again, and again, and again... :thumbsup:

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Drove up to the Helen Ga area over the weekend and i have to say, this car far outperforms our 2011 GT w Brembo package:clap2:
Lovely snaps. Thanks for the real world impressions. Can you elaborate a bit more on the handling and the difference Vs your prior car?

I have not had a chance to flog my beast yet. I will say this though, daily driving (and pushing it on on-ramps, sticking the tail out on slow turns gently etc) its the most fun car I've owned - and I've had the good fortune of driving quite a lot of fun iron.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was just thinking that thing would look even hotter with a body color (Race Red) Pony in the grill! and while you're at it blacked out GT and 5.0 emblems for an all red and black look.

OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Lovely snaps. Thanks for the real world impressions. Can you elaborate a bit more on the handling and the difference Vs your prior car?

I have not had a chance to flog my beast yet. I will say this though, daily driving (and pushing it on on-ramps, sticking the tail out on slow turns gently etc) its the most fun car I've owned - and I've had the good fortune of driving quite a lot of fun iron.
The best comparison i can give you vs the old car is that i was able to keep the rearend planted in tight curves at higher speeds with confidence. We frequent that area as my wife's family has a chalet not far from there so i'm very familar with the roads. In one particular turn coming down the mountain i had the rearend on the 11 GT break loose on me a couple of years ago and it scared the sh*t out of my wife and i lol. With this car i never once felt that was even an option.

OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
I was just thinking that thing would look even hotter with a body color (Race Red) Pony in the grill! and while you're at it blacked out GT and 5.0 emblems for an all red and black look.
I've actually thought about the body color pony in the grille.....may plasti-dip it just to see.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great pictures!! Lots of fun places to drive in N. GA. I live in Canton, GA so very close to where you were at.

Have you seen the Atlanta S550 club on Facebook? Only if you are on Facebook, of course :)

OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Great pictures!! Lots of fun places to drive in N. GA. I live in Canton, GA so very close to where you were at.

Have you seen the Atlanta S550 club on Facebook? Only if you are on Facebook, of course :)
No i haven't, but i'll check it out- thanks!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
When you were hammering those turns, did you by chance have the TC/Stability turned on? I am just curious, cause i noticed with them both off, this car does like to get squirelly.

OP
OP

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
When you were hammering those turns, did you by chance have the TC/Stability turned on? I am just curious, cause i noticed with them both off, this car does like to get squirelly.
I had it in "sport" mode with "sport" steering enabled.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Ahhhh.... mountain roads, one of the many things I love about living in east Tennessee. My car should be here by the weekend, can't wait to take a trip through the smoky mountains in it!!
Sponsored