Sponsored

To swap fluid or no? 45k miles original fluid

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
As the total says, I’ve been wondering whether I should swap the fluid in the transmission? I know after a certain point it’s best not to do anything beyond refilling what is in the pan. I.e. to almost never do a flush.
Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I'm assuming you have a manual transmission since you have the PP and are a fan of MGW.
Therefore, I would recommend changing the fluid. There is no flushing a manual. Drain the old fluid and refill with new fluid.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would do it. Get any break-in debris out of there and go with a quality fluid.

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'm assuming you have a manual transmission since you have the PP and are a fan of MGW.
Therefore, I would recommend changing the fluid. There is no flushing a manual. Drain the old fluid and refill with new fluid.
Lol that makes sense....only ever changed fluid in automatics before. Never in my other two manuals ‍♂

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Definitely do it. The process is super easy to do, and the new fluid will improve shifting on the MT-82. I used BG fluid from Optimum Mustang, and their kit is great for easy changes. I'd also recommend that you change your rear gear fluid while you're at it. OP Mustang has a BG kit for that, as well.

JR
Sponsored