Sponsored

To long tube or to not

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
I have a 2.9 whipple on my mustang already it's an auto and I have the small throttle body on the whipple the dilemma I'm in now is I'm trying to figure out what route I should be going next I already know the bigger throttle body that's a must but I also heard that when you install long tubes you lose a pound or 2 of boost so to compensate for that do you add more boost ? Or do you not add long tubes ?

Also my end goal is around 640-650 will those mods get me there ?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How do you lose boost by adding headers? Boost is on the intake stroke of the piston. Headers just allow you to move the exhaust gases better on the exhaust stroke. Headers will add power to your set-up.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You do not have to add more boost. Boost goes down because everything is flowing better.

You'll make more power on less boost. That's a good thing. We have sw sp arh and kooks all available at great pricing

Beef 513 478 1965

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Boost goes down... Efficiency goes up. This is not a bad thing. That being said do the throttle body first. It's half the cost... Way less work and will net you more power than the headers will. And it looks sweet.

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you lose boost by adding headers? Boost is on the intake stroke of the piston. Headers just allow you to move the exhaust gases better on the exhaust stroke. Headers will add power to your set-up.
Same thing I was wondering just something that I kept on hearing

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Headers are awesome but you will probably not hear the whine of the Whipple anymore, I do miss that.

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do not have to add more boost. Boost goes down because everything is flowing better.

You'll make more power on less boost. That's a good thing. We have sw sp arh and kooks all available at great pricing

Beef 513 478 1965
Thanks beef ! I'll pm you for pricing !

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost goes down... Efficiency goes up. This is not a bad thing. That being said do the throttle body first. It's half the cost... Way less work and will net you more power than the headers will. And it looks sweet.
Was thinking about just do both this is next years project plenty of time to save

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Headers are awesome but you will probably not hear the whine of the Whipple anymore, I do miss that.
Lol I'm pretty sure not I seen your set up man and I must say that's beyond impressive ! All that rwhp on a stock block !

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I've seen other people say drivability goes down with the bigger throttle body. If that's true I would look to headers first and pick up the HP that way.

Sponsored

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I've seen other people say drivability goes down with the bigger throttle body. If that's true I would look to headers first and pick up the HP that way.
I've only seen one poster say this with a non whipple tune. All I can say is mine drives absolutely perfect with the larger throttle body. You would never know it wasn't stock. Mine is Lund tuned. I'm sure the Whipple tune is just as perfect as well as they have more control over the ECU than any tuner out there.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I have a 2.9 whipple on my mustang already it's an auto and I have the small throttle body on the whipple the dilemma I'm in now is I'm trying to figure out what route I should be going next I already know the bigger throttle body that's a must but I also heard that when you install long tubes you lose a pound or 2 of boost so to compensate for that do you add more boost ? Or do you not add long tubes ?

Also my end goal is around 640-650 will those mods get me there ?
You'll definitely want to go with the larger throttle body. That's worth a good 40-50rwhp with the new calibration for it. The headers will also not only show nice gains over what you have now but as others mentioned it will make your engine run more efficient with less stress.

Give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with. We can offer you some very competitive pricing on all of the LT header lines we carry. Stainless Works/Power, ARH, Kooks, BBK and Borla.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Give us a call on Kooks or SW..we will give you a price that makes the decision easy! We have already helped a bunch of people here!

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Give us a call on Kooks or SW..we will give you a price that makes the decision easy! We have already helped a bunch of people here!
Just make sure you read there return policies and you want the product otherwise they are a stickler!

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Headers certainly wouldn't cause you to loose boost or power. You may want to re-tune, to get as much HP as you possibly can with the new headers you decide on purchasing.
Sponsored