Sponsored

To Cover or Not to Cover your Mustang (that can only live outside)?

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I don’t have the luxury of a garage and being a DD during the winter if snow is expected I cover the car and then drive my truck.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The one I have in my back yard does not have specific tie down points. I've used the screw in yard anchors, think dog tie out, and ratchet straps to keep it in place.
As for putting it in the driveway, that depends on what you want to see and local/HOA rules.
Car in a canvas tent, on grass, it'll rot the car from the bottom, from the morning dew.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Mine has a dirt floor. Dew does not collect under the canopy, that's part of what it's for. Most canopies now are not canvas, more of a tarp like material so waterproof. I kept a boat on a trailer under it for 12 years during the winter with zero rust or rot issues. My utility trailer and a jet ski live there now pretty much full time without any corrosion issues.
My biggest concern with a car, or my boat, was rodents taking up residence.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I’m in the pro car cover camp. Unfortunately my car has to live outside as well, and my parking area has a lot of trees. (Pine and eucalyptus, neither of which are paint friendly.)

I don’t DD my car, so that factors in. I’d rather deal with washing my cover from time to time than dealing with pine and eucalyptus sap on my paint.

Admittedly, from time to time, despite owning a very high quality California Car Cover, I do have to deal with some spider webbing in the paint from the cover. In my case, this is the lesser of the two evils given where I have to park.

I agree with what others have said, the key is keeping both your car and cover clean before covering it.
Sponsored