Sponsored

To all the caliper painters out there...

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is an idea I've been tossing around actually. I've been thinking about having my Brembo calipers done in oxford white. (Sure that'll be awesome to clean).

Do we have any vendors on site who will disassemble, powder coat and reassemble brake calipers?

steelersfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
15 CO Mustang GT
Sub'd.

I'm in the middle of a disassembly of a set of "refurbished rear calipers I sourced off eBay. I painted my original rear calipers on the car using Dupli-Color spray paint. They came out OK, but I can tell, it's not going to last, and of course I bumped one of them against something putting them back on, so it looks let's just say "unprofessionally done". Ultimately I'm going to attempt to powder coat them myself and if they don't turn looking close to professionally done, then I'll find a local professional power coater to do them for me. Ofcourse I have get them completely apart first, and source a caiiper rebuild kit, just in case I need it. I so wish I was fortunate enough to have a local person who would disassemble, power coat, and reassemble calipers. Based on the fight I'm going through just getting the rears apart, it would definitely be worth paying someone else to deal with the headache. This thread has helped, both information and motivation wise.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It's been my most satisfying of my mods so far. Love staring at the calipers.
It really does look very nice on your car. It was a great color choice, it accents the car very nicely and doesn't look gaudy.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
They look great.
Sponsored