Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
*Tire LOW, not LOWE. lol

This morning I got a tire pressure warning for my front-left tire. Couldn't see any nails or anything, but it was showing at about 15 PSI and the others around 35. I filled it up after work since I wanted to just wait to take it in to a shop. Might have a nail. Question is, are the brand new tires under any sort of warranty that covers nails etc? I know when you buy tires from Discount Tire they usually have something like that.

One other thing I found weird was how the PSI on my other tires fluctuated from 35 to 38 on one of them. Figure it was compensating in the weight idk. Weird?
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
To answer your last question, the tires will commonly fluctuate psi dependent on their temp. Hard driving will show diff psi than when you fire the car up first thing in the morning. Huge pressure differences might be indicative of something else though.

BamBam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Just take it to america's tire or les schwab... they'll check it out for free and if there's a nail they'll fix it too for free.

OP
OP
Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Just take it to america's tire or les schwab... they'll check it out for free and if there's a nail they'll fix it too for free.
Thanks! I've seen one of them on the way home from work

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As SpeedLu said, the PSI will fluctuate as the tires heat-up. I generally keep the TPS screen up on my car and each tire gains 3-4 PSI from cold to fully warmed-up on the highway. Was listening to a NASCAR spot on the radio a while back and someone asked about why some cars throw sparks on certain tracks and others don't. Answer was cars coming off pit row with new tires need a lap or 2 to get the heat in the tires and raise the PSI.....shows how tight those cars are to the track to begin with.