Sponsored

Thoughts on Premium Maintenance

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
After the getting the refund from the original dealership for a 3rd party warranty that was described and sold as ESP I finally went onto Flood's site and ordered a 7/125k warranty through Flood ESP. I do not plan on modding the car and to me it seemed worth it to have it covered just in case. The reality for me was for about 2.5 car payments I could be covered beyond the pay off. It isn't likely I replace the car before then anyway.

I am trying to figure out if adding the Prem. Maintenance is worth it. I'd likely go with the six years/100k mile plan. In doing the math this puts me at about 85 bucks an oil change and that's without brakes or wipers or anything else it covers.

I'm guessing a dealership oil change is every bit of that since the car takes 12 quarts. Is there any downside to getting the maintenance plan? There is a dealership about 30 mins away that I would likely be taking it to.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
After the getting the refund from the original dealership for a 3rd party warranty that was described and sold as ESP I finally went onto Flood's site and ordered a 7/125k warranty through Flood ESP. I do not plan on modding the car and to me it seemed worth it to have it covered just in case. The reality for me was for about 2.5 car payments I could be covered beyond the pay off. It isn't likely I replace the car before then anyway.

I am trying to figure out if adding the Prem. Maintenance is worth it. I'd likely go with the six years/100k mile plan. In doing the math this puts me at about 85 bucks an oil change and that's without brakes or wipers or anything else it covers.

I'm guessing a dealership oil change is every bit of that since the car takes 12 quarts. Is there any downside to getting the maintenance plan? There is a dealership about 30 mins away that I would likely be taking it to.
Depends on how you feel about doing your own oil changes and stuff. I think I can do it better. I'm not going to strip my drain plug. I'm not going to forget and only put in 6 quarts.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I plan to get the ESP for my premium Mustang, not so much for the powertrain but to cover all the additional features like the heated/cooled seats, SYNC 3, lights, dual zone climate, etc. I don't think I would do the maintenance plan though, It's easy enough to change the oil myself and rotate the tires. I use the factory Motorcraft oil and filters.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Do you have detailed info on what the maintenance plan covers? I'd be interested to know that.

Cover brake pads & rotors alone would be a huge thing.

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Do you have detailed info on what the maintenance plan covers? I'd be interested to know that.

Cover brake pads & rotors alone would be a huge thing.
It covers oil change and "wear items". It lists brake pads, wipers, and I believe clutch. I doubt they'll do a clutch but I'm guessing in the 40-60k range brakes would be due. Even if it only covers the pads it's going to bring cost down a bit.

I doubt I'm going to change my own oil. I realize it isn't hard to do but I don't enjoy it and I have my time valued slightly above that currently. The local dealership currently is rather "small" and I don't think they have "lube techs". It appears that a regular tech. will be doing the change.
Sponsored