Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
To all who are ordering cars from the local dealer: I was really bored waiting for my 2016 to arrive so I started looking at the dealer's website for cars like mine. I was amused when I found my ordered car being listed on their website as arriving soon. I was also amused when I compared the listed discount price with what I was quoted as the best deal when I ordered.

I printed out the webpage offer and stored it to use when I went to pick up the car. A couple of days before the car arrived I was again a bit bored and decided to check Cars.com. There I also found my car, still listed as arriving soon and with another discounted price that was less than what I was scheduled to pay. I printed that sheet also.

When the car arrived and I was finished with the pricing of my trade-in the salesman started the writeup of the final pricing and I produced both printouts. He was surprised (ha), but like a Pro he said they have to honor the online pricing and he took the newest one in (my choice) and came back with the adjusted price saving me another $500+. This is just a suggestion as I don't know if many dealers have their on order cars auto priced and listed on the web. But if yours does there may be dollars to be saved by looking. :ford:
Sponsored

Donny_k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Chevy S10
Thats great that you were able to save yourself some money. I dont think I would have had the patience to wait until I picked it up to ask about it. Also its pretty shitty that the dealer is advertising a car for sale that has already been purchased.

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Just to Clarify

Thats great that you were able to save yourself some money. I dont think I would have had the patience to wait until I picked it up to ask about it. Also its pretty shitty that the dealer is advertising a car for sale that has already been purchased.
Hi Donny, I only had put down $1K and did not have a purchase contract. SO legally it wasn't my car. That leaves them free to advertise as they wished. I don't think many of us would actually sign a binding contract at order time.

I would bet that many dealers have their ordered stock listed on their sites.
Sponsored