Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Nice. Let us know how the new tune runs and what kind of difference it makes.
I will when I flash it, miserable weather here so not being bothered and I've being doing some TLC on the BMW. :)

But in short they said tune is un-changed and they have only modified throttle mapping, so same power just trying to improve PMAS on throttle maps. :)

But race mode is smoother for sure!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a contact at Lund?
Thinking I may follow you advice and go Lund

Yes.

Jon II: He is owner and one of the best mappers.
Dakota: He has tuned my car and also is tuning Mac666 Whippled car and Mac is amazed at how much better his car drives compared to Whipple tune, not only that Mac says his butt dyno is for sure registering a lot more power.
John N: Sales guy.

Easiest solution is try to find an SCT X4 USA used on Ebay, buy it or get an nGAUGE used.

Then buy your tune direct from Lund for $200 and in the notes put you want Dakota to do your map, then drop me a PM with your name and email address you put on the order form and I will give Dakota the heads up for you.

My car on Lund tune is transformed. I have all the 350 parts incoming as I am copying one of the US guys setups, all I am missing then is headers and some E85 haha. But he is doing quarter mile in [email protected], his advantage is he has slicks, E85 and has being drag racing for 25 years. But in short he is pushing around 520-550BHP NA.

Lund have agreed to give me his tune file once my 350 parts are fitted and they shall then just make changes for E85 to 93 and my CAI and I shall have a rev limit of 7700-7900rpm, as he has no rev limit, very brave guy! :D

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

As I reported last week I thought I was imagining the throttle feeling slightly jumpy, particular when in sport mode since fitting the PMAS. But I dismissed it as no one ever complains about the PMAS only raves and then I discovered in the track circuit driving section a couple of owners who fitted Steeda and JLT open cone filters like CAI just like PMAS design who reverted back to stock due to the jumpy throttle.

By jumpy throttle I mean say taking a high speed corner at high 4000-6000rpm and holding the car on the throttle or balancing the car on throttle, the issue was slight bump in the road causing my foot have have minor movement was picked up as if the throttle was over sensitive or jumpy.

I knew the stock system did not have this issue and those who reverted from CAI's back to stock it remedied the issue for them.

Also after feedback from others on here to try race mode I did and indeed it was smoother than sport plus, but still not as good as the modified stock air box.

So I emailed Lund who did confirm I was not imagining and said the open CAI designs generally do cause this issue, especially on a tuned car that already has throttle sensitivity enhanced, but also said not many notice it as most of their customers are drag racing and not driving flat out on circuits or country roads.

My tuner Dakota said he would speak with Jon II who is a bit of an expert on throttle mapping and knows how to manipulate throttle tables and give them a few days and they would have something for me to try.

Well I tried the tune, SILKY SMOOTH in all mode, sensitivity seems just as good but the car just seems to well drive so much nicer, a bit like a Porsche for example on the throttle, I am not going to say BMW because their stock throttle maps tend to be a joke and I think Ford literally copied the E46 M3 throttle maps which is nothing to be proud off, haha, I was forced to write my own throttle maps on my M3, but thats another story.

In short the throttle is hard to describe but it is lovely and just feels natural without being over sensitive or jumpy. I've fed this back to Lund so they can maybe incorporate the modifications in future tunes for customers.

I have also asked Lund to apply the normal mode throttle mapping also to wet mode as I find wet mode handy for extreme wet and cold conditions or when I want to push the car hard in the wet and want to live, but the throttle is so damn lazy in that mode, so I have asked if its possible to get normal throttle map for wet mode but keep the stability / traction control thresholds as per wet mode. Will let you know the answer. :)

This is why I went Lund, $200 for a tune that transforms the car and then when I need support or tweaks they listen and do it, I think this is now my 5th tune revision. I've never had such good support from any tuner, so huge thumbs up to them, the customer service and support is exceptional!

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
What's the email address for Lund?
I have the imap unit. That's the same as a SCT x4 isn't it?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the email address for Lund?
I have the imap unit. That's the same as a SCT x4 isn't it?
Nope it is locked to UK only tunes and Lund only write US tunes, so you would need an American SCT X4.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Finally pulled the trigger, given up on pound recovering, looks only likely to plummet further, though knowing my luck, the pound will now sky rocket that I just dropped $1500. :D

I have following on the way:

COMPLETE Shelby GT350 INTAKE MANIFOLD PACKAGE

Get the High-Revving benefits of the Shelby GT350 without the High-Revving price with this complete Shelby GT350 Intake Manifold Package!

Much of the 8000+ RPM high-revving power from the Shelby GT350 Mustang is associated with the Flat Plane Crank in the 5.2L VooDoo Engine. While a Flat Plane Crank is certainly beneficial, it is not to only ingredient in the VooDoo’s high RPM Power. The VooDoo Intake manifold is key to helping the 5.2L Engine breath at higher RPMS preventing power from dropping off.

Not surprisingly, the 2015+ Coyote 5.0 Engine desires more air at high RPMs as well due to its Boss 302 inspired design. The GT350 intake manifold is a direct fit on the 2015+ Coyote Engine and DRASTICALLY increases high RPM power with little to NO LOSS IN TORQUE all while fitting under the stock hood with no modification!

Shelby GT350 INTAKE MANIFOLD PACKAGE BENEFITS:
- Peak Gains of 25+whp and 60+whp over 6500 RPMS!!
- OEM Quality, Fit and Finish
- Excellent Drivability
- Comes with everything needed for install on 2015+ Mustang GT (see notes)
- OEM Shelby GT350 Intake Manifold M-9424-M52
- OEM Shelby GT350 Throttle Body M-9926-M52 (Same as GR3Z-9E926-A)
- OEM Shelby GT350 Cold Air Intake & Scoop FR3Z-9600-E & FR3Z-9C675-B
- OEM Shelby GT350 D/S PCV Tube GR3Z-6758-A
- High-Flow AirAid Filter (RED OR BLUE)

Unfortunately unlikely to be here in time for the dyno day, let alone installed.

My expectations of this kit is to add 20-30BHP peak figure so around 475BHP at 7500rpm compared to the current 450BHP at 6400rpm. On the stock GT intake manifold power/torque drops off vastly past 6500rpm so at 7500rpm your around 400BHP, this Shelby intake manifold power holds at 475BHP right upto your desired redline (upto 8200rpm).

The guys in America are revving their engines over 8000rpm daily and it has being pretty much confirmed OPG/Sprocket, rod bearings are the same on voodoo and coyote.

So will I be revving to 8000+? NO!
My plan is to have my rev limiter reasonably high as it is now common knowledge what destroys the oil pump gears is torsional vibrations from forced induction (supercharger) and hitting the rev limiter, so keeping out the limiter is a good idea. Also the Coyote loses resolution past 7900rpm unless you modify the crank pulse ring.

As such I shall have two limiters, soft at 7700rpm (timing pulled) and hard limiter at 7900rpm. I am doing this as I actually only plan of revving the car upto 7500rpm, my reasoning for this is because that is what Ford designed the engine for and in their very own powerpack 3 which is this Shelby GT 350 kit they set the limiter at 7500rpm whilst still giving full warranty. I am not setting the limiter at 7500 for the simple reason I do not wish to be bumping into it.

I cannot wait to get this as the GT 350 throttle body is a two step design so the Americans who are running these kits (lots of them) rave about how much better the car drives and simply feels stronger than stock from as low as 3000rpm even though dyno charts only tend to show gains beyond 5500rpm, but obviously a dyno cannot show how much better/nicer a car is too drive.

After this is 1 7/8 catted headers which should put me around 520BHP and I will be running the Lund tune several guys are in the US with my only dis-advantage being Octane 93, whereas the US guys are running E85 which puts them at around 550-560BHP. But these guys are running 10.9-11.5s @ 120-125mph with this kit on manuals, so its quick for NA. Will my car be this quick, not quite due to Octane 93 and well the fact I cannot launch the car for toffee, but on a roll it will be a very quick car and having a powerband that pulls hard from 1500-7500rpm is rather exciting. :)

This does mean I will probably sell the PMAS CAI along with Shelby GT 350 duct (got another 350 duct coming) though I know it will be an easy sell as its a great "no tune" intake for those not wishing to tune and void warranty. I shall modify my IAT reducing mods to work with the Shelby kit.

Don't laugh if in a few months time I end up selling this GT 350 kit because I got bored with 500+ horsepower and just throw a Whipple on, haha. :D

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nice.

Seems ridiculous when you compare the gains for this to the manifolds and then look at the prices for each.

Have to say your plans echo mine in that I quite like the idea of being able to just bolt the intake and manifolds on in a few hours and get a very respectable BHP figure without spending ÂŁ8K or so on a charger.

Where did you order the intake from?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice.

Seems ridiculous when you compare the gains for this to the manifolds and then look at the prices for each.

Have to say your plans echo mine in that I quite like the idea of being able to just bolt the intake and manifolds on in a few hours and get a very respectable BHP figure without spending ÂŁ8K or so on a charger.

Although this, plus manifolds current prices, may as well just drop 8k on the SC :lol:. granted with SC you're going to have to uprate the brakes as [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] found, they just don't cut it, so additional costs here and there...

Liking the look of this though gibbo, does this mean your current cai going?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice.

JDM sell the full kit:
http://www.teamjdm.com/complete-jdm-gt350-x-intake-manifold-package/

However their shipping rates are crazy, wanted $400, making it near as dammit $2000 shipped. :(

So I ordered from Autonation Ford which came $1489 shipped and they agreed to re-package it for me to prevent damage and to include the bolts for throttle body. Levitown are around $1475 shipped but have no throttle bodies, Autonation had a throttle body left in stock and said I got the last one, more stock on throttle bodies is due end of November supposedly. Though I see a few Ebay resellers with kits on offer (minus CAI) for around $1300 shipped.

I did manifold removal and re-install on my old Mustang (deleted CMRV's) and it was quite easy and straight forward to do in the drive way. Though I might take this to my local garage just in case I run into any issue along the way.

Lund have agreed to give me the same tune as the guys running 11s@125mph 1/4 miles and they will just switch that tune form E85 to Octane 93 and then datalog from there to perfect it.

A shame to lose the PMAS after going to the effort to sort out the throttle mapping issue it has but it shall benefit others who go that route. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although this, plus manifolds current prices, may as well just drop 8k on the SC :lol:. granted with SC you're going to have to uprate the brakes as [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] found, they just don't cut it, so additional costs here and there...

Liking the look of this though gibbo, does this mean your current cai going?

The brakes are absolutely fine, he is only upgrading because he wants nice shiny things! ;)

The brakes on this car are huge and powerful stock, the only issue someone might get is fade which is solved by pad material and higher temp fluid, changing out disc and calipers is purely done for cosmetics and to lose unsprung mass, the stock brakes are not a weakness.

Its not wasted money because I'd need headers with a super charger anyway, the only waste is the GT 350 IM, TB, CAI if I ever go Whipple but it is not like it is hard to sell on parts used.

Yes the PMAS will likely go but I am not selling it for a while as I await Lunds feedback and might give the setup a go with both stock 350 CAI and PMAS, but I will probably stay with stock setup simply due to fit and finish, the PMAS really is a cheap piece of shit build quality wise haha but it is more function over form. ;)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The brakes are absolutely fine, he is only upgrading because he wants nice shiny things! ;)

The brakes on this car are huge and powerful stock, the only issue someone might get is fade which is solved by pad material and higher temp fluid, changing out disc and calipers is purely done for cosmetics and to lose unsprung mass, the stock brakes are not a weakness.

Its not wasted money because I'd need headers with a super charger anyway, the only waste is the GT 350 IM, TB, CAI if I ever go Whipple but it is not like it is hard to sell on parts used.

Yes the PMAS will likely go but I am not selling it for a while as I await Lunds feedback and might give the setup a go with both stock 350 CAI and PMAS, but I will probably stay with stock setup simply due to fit and finish, the PMAS really is a cheap piece of shit build quality wise haha but it is more function over form. ;)
Yeah you've got plenty of parts to chop and change, see what performs the best etc. :thumbsup:

#GuineaPigGibbo ;)!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you've got plenty of parts to chop and change, see what performs the best etc. :thumbsup:

#GuineaPigGibbo ;)!

Half of the fun is the messing around and learning how the tuning works.

It is also what I really like about Lund, the guy can see I have some experience in tuning myself and is really willing to share and detail what he is changing in the tune and why.

It is also good to datalog your car and see what is happening with timing, fuel trims, knock sensors as well.

All part of the fun! :)

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Your only delaying the inevitable (((((WHIPPLE)))))
When you drive mine at the week end you will know
What you got to do, I had my doubts but not anymore
I'm changing the cars name from Hammer!!! to

The BLURR cos thats what the scenery becomes

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Your only delaying the inevitable (((((WHIPPLE)))))
When you drive mine at the week end you will know
What you got to do, I had my doubts but not anymore
I'm changing the cars name from Hammer!!! to

The BLURR cos thats what the scenery becomes
Best be taking me for a ride in it too :lol::lol:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
A shame to lose the PMAS after going to the effort to sort out the throttle mapping issue it has but it shall benefit others who go that route. :)

Why not keep the PMAS over the 350 CAI? My understanding is that it flows better, and since you have to change the tune, tune it so the PMAS works with the new throttle body and probable more gains.

EDIT

Never mind, just seen your follow on post
Sponsored