Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
CRC ? I did email Andy, he forwarded my email onto Ford UK who call almost daily but don't really have any kind of meaningful updates and it was them who sorted out the hire car and they rang again today with the bad news that I will now be getting a lesser courtesy car because someone broke the car I was meant to be getting.

It is quite funny because originally the reason they could not deliver the Titanium Mondeo last week was because they had no drivers to deliver it. Now they cannot deliver this same car because it was returned last night with damage.

So they lied, the truth was someone else was using it and has now crashed or damaged it in someway.

Now I have realised it has actually being 3 weeks, I am losing pretty much all faith, am seriously tempted to just go on to PH and start looking at other cars, having owned Porsches and BMWs with their extended warranties any kind of repair is dealt with swiftly and a courtesy car of similar specification is given that same day, even if it means giving you one of the demonstrators of the forecourt. Whereas Ford don't even want to give you a bloody car.

CRC is the customer relationship centre, but judging by the fact you're already 'In' with ford-uk, I'd say it's the same thing, I have a complaint lodged with the CRC and they're phenomenal with keeping me updated, I'm soon to see how in 'practise' it'll work.

I agree, if I don't get a replacement car, when mine goes in for any work, hell will unfold beneath them because realistically I need a car to get to work, and if I'm without the car, and cannot work they're more than welcome to cover my day rate - which I doubt they'll appreciate :lol:!

The actual customer service, is quite frankly horse shit from the looks of it, It looks like ford are 'against' touching the car, and my only theory could be that they're inexperienced with the Mustangs, don't want to cock things up - or they're incompetent as sh1t.

I'm starting to consider if anything goes wrong, buying the part for mine from ford, and then having them fit it, but even then, I expect something would go wrong :frusty:!

Gibbo, I'd give Andy another message, explain the situation, link him to the thread (or copy him the messages or something), and just go hammer and nail, because it's frankly unacceptable - What dealership did you take your car to? I'd also be name dropping them, as, someone, somewhere is being a 'blocker' and you need to find that and address it (even though it shouldn't be your worry :( )!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
CRC is the customer relationship centre, but judging by the fact you're already 'In' with ford-uk, I'd say it's the same thing, I have a complaint lodged with the CRC and they're phenomenal with keeping me updated, I'm soon to see how in 'practise' it'll work.

I agree, if I don't get a replacement car, when mine goes in for any work, hell will unfold beneath them because realistically I need a car to get to work, and if I'm without the car, and cannot work they're more than welcome to cover my day rate - which I doubt they'll appreciate :lol:!

The actual customer service, is quite frankly horse shit from the looks of it, It looks like ford are 'against' touching the car, and my only theory could be that they're inexperienced with the Mustangs, don't want to cock things up - or they're incompetent as sh1t.

I'm starting to consider if anything goes wrong, buying the part for mine from ford, and then having them fit it, but even then, I expect something would go wrong :frusty:!

Gibbo, I'd give Andy another message, explain the situation, link him to the thread (or copy him the messages or something), and just go hammer and nail, because it's frankly unacceptable - What dealership did you take your car to? I'd also be name dropping them, as, someone, somewhere is being a 'blocker' and you need to find that and address it (even though it shouldn't be your worry :( )!

I have emailed him again along with Flat Rock and Karen.

Though I am not sure if by coincidence or someone has seen my forum post from an hour ago but Lauren from Ford just rang me to ask if the courtesy car was all arranged which it is, though not the car which was promised.

So I asked if she had an update on my car and she did! :)
She says the part number has being sourced for the gaskets and they are now sourcing them in the US and getting them packaged up, this will take a couple of days she said because so many people are involved but the parts shall be air freighted to my dealer, Bristol Street Ford and she promises to call me each day even if there is no meaningful update but is hopeful within a couple of days the parts will be in the air and hopefully with the dealership soon. Who knows maybe I shall be back on the road in no time, lets see.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have emailed him again along with Flat Rock and Karen.

Though I am not sure if by coincidence or someone has seen my forum post from an hour ago but Lauren from Ford just rang me to ask if the courtesy car was all arranged which it is, though not the car which was promised.

So I asked if she had an update on my car and she did! :)
She says the part number has being sourced for the gaskets and they are now sourcing them in the US and getting them packaged up, this will take a couple of days she said because so many people are involved but the parts shall be air freighted to my dealer, Bristol Street Ford and she promises to call me each day even if there is no meaningful update but is hopeful within a couple of days the parts will be in the air and hopefully with the dealership soon. Who knows maybe I shall be back on the road in no time, lets see.
so back on the road next week by the sounds of things (Not sceptical in the slightest)

Maybe they saw your forum post, who knows, but, as long as you're getting updates, that's all that matters and being kept transparent to the process.

It's the same with a lot of things - much like Niantic, the developers of Pokemong Go are currently getting absolutely rinsed because their customer communication is cr4p. Easier to communicate with a customer even if it's a no update, but working on it, than to give lies, deceit and incorrect information. I'll take an honest 'Fuck off' over a 'No my nans cats best friends dogs left testicle got swallowed by a bird and we have to look after the bird' anyday of the week... (Okay gone off on a tangent!)

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
so back on the road next week by the sounds of things (Not sceptical in the slightest)

Maybe they saw your forum post, who knows, but, as long as you're getting updates, that's all that matters and being kept transparent to the process.

It's the same with a lot of things - much like Niantic, the developers of Pokemong Go are currently getting absolutely rinsed because their customer communication is cr4p. Easier to communicate with a customer even if it's a no update, but working on it, than to give lies, deceit and incorrect information. I'll take an honest 'Fuck off' over a 'No my nans cats best friends dogs left testicle got swallowed by a bird and we have to look after the bird' anyday of the week... (Okay gone off on a tangent!)
Thats great news Gibbo!!

Manders, why is it you write sh1t with a 1 in it and cr4p with a four, to disguise the rude work but type fuck?? (thats a rude word too you know!)

Just wondered.

Anyway, back on topic.

Anyone of the things you did may have escalated this Gibbo, or maybe it would have got to this stage at this time anyway.

I would like to think it was down to this forum and contacting the right people!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thats great news Gibbo!!

Manders, why is it you write sh1t with a 1 in it and cr4p with a four, to disguise the rude work but type fuck?? (thats a rude word too you know!)

Just wondered.

Anyway, back on topic.

Anyone of the things you did may have escalated this Gibbo, or maybe it would have got to this stage at this time anyway.

I would like to think it was down to this forum and contacting the right people!
Fucks a rude word? Fuck never knew that...

No it's because Sh1t and Cr4p ping up on the work PC's.

I'd say it's down to the forum a little bit, we have to get some traction, however visible it may be, from Ford. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

So the Mondeo, what is it like, the specification:

Mondeo Titanium Diesel 2.0l
150 or 180, not sure, but it is slow.
AWD, yes an all wheel drive Mondeo
Seems well spec, nav, sync, lane guidance, auto parking, heated windows, blinds, huge glass roof, full leather, memory seats, I mirrored the spec on Fords configuration website utility and it came to ÂŁ30,000, thats a lot for a Mondeo with a woefully underpowered engine.

Anyway, cabin wise, huge amounts of room, you can transport 4 people very easily in this car in absolute comfort, its got heated seats, electric power windows all round, keyless entry, auto parking (not tried it) and the boot is absolutely huge, you can seriously kill an entire family and get them in the boot of this thing. It also has all rear blacked out windows, I feel like a pimp lord driving this thing around. :D
But yes it even beats my old S-Type Jaguar for comfort, it is super comfy and take all road surfaces with ease, it handles a lot better than the S-Type but has nowhere near the power it had as that was a 3.0 V6 with 240BHP and probably weighed less.

Engine and gearing wise, the engine just feels underpowered which at 150 or 180PS for a car of this size is no surprise, I can imagine with the AWD and all the technology in this car and the size of it that it must be weighing in around 2 tonnes. The gear and engine tuning seems not great, 4th at 30mph zero happens because its at 1000rpm, you need 3rd for sub 30mph speeds to have power on tap otherwise the car literally does nothing and if you get caught out it takes ages to get upto 1500rpm where the turbo spools, at which point the car accelerates with no real sense of acceleration due to the size and weight but it is moving and then by 3500-4000rpm it is all over, worlds shortest powerband ever. So it could certainly do with a 200+ horsepower diesel engine to really make use of the 4WD system and move a car of this weight along.

Steering and handling, well steering is completely numb but weighting is OK, low speed handling and agility for a car of this size is surprisingly good, you can just exit a junction with absolute full power in wet or dry with zero wheel spin and it just goes. Roundabouts and tight corners are quite fun because of the 4WD drive system you can just drive it like an idiot and it goes where you point it, in the dry. Try the same in the wet and it will just understeer, that will be the weight. Higher speed corners it is not so great at, the lean is more than a boat in rough seas .

But I doubt anyone buys this kind of car to try and set lap times in, as a car to commute in it is very comfy, great traction and for most people it goes fine and it can carry 4 adults in comfort, even 5, the entire family could do their shopping and get it all in the boot.

As its heavy, AWD the mpg does not seem great, average seems to be 30-35mpg, I am sure this is a great economic engine in a lighter car, but in this big heavy brute and with AWD the mpg just gets zapped.

I think its a good car, its a nice place to be and its nice to drive, but would I pay 30k for one brand new, hell no it seems a huge amount of money to pay for a Mondeo that does 0-60 in like 10s and has a pretty pointless AWD system with a manual box that does not suite the engine.

If they offered this car with a more sporty setup with diesel and petrol engines with 250-300BHP along with decent AUTO I could see it being great, but then we'd be talking 40k for a Mondeo. So expensive, I imagine these probably depreciate like lead weights at which point they become good value buys.

Like I say nice car, but I'd not buy one. :)

Those who know me will know I love all things cars and thoroughly enjoy getting to try new cars especially when I have got them for several days to properly learn their abilities and what they are like to live with.

Any questions feel free to ask and I shall try to answer. :)

P.S. Just like the Mustang the sodding cup holds are in the way of the gear stick, so when you have drinks in them changing gear is uncomfortable and not so easy. Ford put the sodding cup holds before the gear stick, or in the door cards, not where your sodding arm rest.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Nice balanced review. Despite clearly not being your vehicle of choice you were able to be objective which places you above Rory Reid in my book... ;)
Anchor points in the boot too. Useful.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So, stick a coyote V8 in it and it would be a half decent car?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, stick a coyote V8 in it and it would be a half decent car?
To be honest if Ford made the following options available for it:

- 220BHP 2.0 diesel whilst maintaining AWD.
- 2.3l Ecoboost with 300-345BHP with AWD.
- Sports suspension with magnetic dampers, firm, soft, softer etc.

V8 Coyote should remain exclusively for Mustang, I think in a Mondeo it would be a very unpopular option and probably would not fit, I think the addition of the Ecoboost 2.3l would be quite a popular choice however especially with the AWD system and a sportier suspension setup would see Ford with a very capable saloon car.

So if Ford now release in the near future an ST or even RS Mondeo with AWD, Ecoboost 2.3l and sports suspension, just remember where they got the idea from. ;)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Spot on review actually [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]

Sadly the AWD manual is only available in 150PS; the auto AWD is the one with 180PS. Go figure :shrug:, It is available with a 240PS Ecoboost but that doesn't come with AWD. Mondeo ST (or RS!) with the 2.3 would be a lot of fun.

Your review stacks up with my experience of the Mondeo. I have a 64 plate estate, Titanium X (Magnetic) 180PS front wheel drive, auto, 19in wheels etc. So it's lighter and more powerful than the 150PS AWD and has lower profile tyres. As a daily, doing around 25k per year it's brilliant. I can't get less than 45 mpg whatever I do and on a long trip it's more. No adblue rubbish either. 18,000 mile (:eyebulge:) service intervals, got it at 3k miles and now done 33k and never missed a beat.

Best of all, the comfort (and it is very comfortable) sync 2 general ambiance reminds of my Mustang whenever I drive it.

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Omg it's not fitted with a wand take it back NOW!!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought I'd upload the photos of the GT 350 that had the same failure as myself, only difference was the guy was on track, 100mph+ and the oil cooler let go / leaking, oil onto catalyst, burst into flames, brake fluid boils resulting in no braking ability at 100mph. Guy pulls the wand gently, cable snaps, so with engine off he does all that is left, clutch in, 1st gear, clutch out. Stops a few feet from the wall and marshals who then quickly hurry him out the car and put it out.

No one was hurt, just the guy in the BMW wondered why a fireball was overtaking him lol.
Ford did the right thing, took the burnt GT 350 back and upgraded him free to a brand new GT 350R.

Still sounds extreme but due to how quick oil was leaving my car if it had not being a soaking wet day and the fact I was driving slowly, the outcome could of being similar if it was a hot sunny day and I was enjoying the cars performance. :eek:
Sponsored