Sponsored

The Pain and Suffering Thread for all those waiting on their GT500 Order!!!

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The waiting ain't easy for any here who have ordered a GT500 and truly have a real idea of when they will get one. So I figured why not share our stories and other ideas to keep out alliance as we "Patiently" wait for our car.
For me I have been more of a Dodge guy and never owned a Mustang til last summer and purchased one thinking I need to own a Mustang in my lifetime. And I have come close over the years of buying one but finally committed last year and purchased a GT350 used. I was really on a mission to buy a GT PP1 but upon arrival to buy one at my dealership the dealership just took in a 17 GT350. My salesperson hammered I should buy it even though I really wanted a 10spd auto and not a stick. After all the haggling and going back and forth and a guy drooling over the car as I tried to come to closure on decision I purchased her. And after owning her 6 months I put a whopping 900 miles on her and just didn't like the Voodoo motor. The Voodoo motor is a race motor for high rpm driving which I just didn't like and not excited about the stick. February last year I take her back and trade her for a GT Orange Fury 2019 PP1 Magnaride 10spd auto someone ordered and backed out. I put 3000 miles on my new GT in 2-3 months and now have 4k. I love the 10spd auto even though some don't. Meanwhile I purchase trucks and Suvs from my selling dealer and the salesman a year ago is telling me to buy the GT500. I am like sure but I wont pay ADM and when I can get one for MSRP et me know. As the year progresses my salesman keeps bugging me to ask to order one and I am like sure but no ADM. By September of last year my sales guy is telling me your good and just for the record I am very good friends with the GM of the Dealership but I ain't gonna beg for a car and when they are ready to offer me one I'll order one. And this is how I got my order they approached me and said do you want one and I was like heck yeah. And the GM Sales guy says your in but you will not see one till next year and my sales guy is like you will see it soon LOL. Meanwhile this forum has been an excellent tool to watch the market and learn a lot as well as Ford Performance. The danger is we are hearing lots of stories and some are great and some not so great. Which like many here we are wondering do we get one before Summer and or are we in the 2021 order? For me I can only hope I get one by April May but meanwhile I'll have some fun with my other vehicles to keep me patient lol. And I am a motorhead to the max so I do have fun options but damn would love to have the GT500 option now. And for the record I have been watching the GT500 for a long time like many here. So chime in how you got to this point in the GT500 order process.
4B42B22C-ABE5-4001-A051-8587DA44A930.jpeg

48AFD4AE-73F6-466E-BAC3-7DE8BA7A75CD.jpeg
Sponsored