Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So no value in old engine?
Actually I think the original cost of the engine was $8,XXX from Ford and the updated numbers here reflect the core return. He didn't really tell me much on that part lol. The crazy thing was I seen used Gen 2 coyotes on ebay for $8,500 with 44k+ miles on them and the new engine was pretty close to that. A used engine was my first choice but who knows what problems I would be inheriting with those lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do not wait for 500 miles.

Beat on the engine now. It needs to heat and pressure cycles
to properly seat itself.

I can give it a couple good pulls after I get out of work today. 😁
ApprehensiveSoulfulDrongo-size_restricted.gif

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
For me if It already out like that I would build it stronger than my goal of making a 1000hp minus the sleeve. I rather over bulid than just enough. Even at that , you never know it would even last.

power nation is a show. They make a 1000 hp for the show, but are they going to last as a daily? You will never know, maybe it last 5k, 25k or 50k

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Just as some piece of mind here. You are better off going with a factory engine for a few reasons. This is coming from a Master Technician of almost 15 years and IMHO.
  • it's to spec and will run correctly with your current tune
  • As seen all around it's capable of handling 800HP if tuned correctly (Super/Turbo Charged)
  • Comes with a warranty from Ford if installed by a technician. (might want to check on that)
  • Piece of mind that it's assembled correctly
No telling how long if ever you will throw a super charger on it. As far as engine break in goes that is a very hotly debated subject. I run all my engines up to full power with a coast down ASAP. I'll do that 5-10 times followed by a sprinted 50-100 mile drive then an oil change. I never have ring sealing issues nor blow-by issues. Only had that problem when I was young and did the "easy" break in.

BTW I've noticed these 5.0's like to consume oil. I see about .5-1qt of oil consumption every 5,000 miles. I don't like it but if you know about it at least you have an idea of when you add another quart.
Sponsored