OP
OP
Jimmy Pancakes

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
I've just realised the drive is on an incline and that's why it looks more compressed at the front. Good one Stiggers. I'll take a pic on the road and report back.

OP
OP
Jimmy Pancakes

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
1 month update. In two words, motherfucking delighted. My aesthetic choices all came together perfectly, it’s been really thrilling to see my vision come together so well. Particularly because it was a collection of items I hadn’t seen in person at all, just on the internet.

Exhaust wise it sounds perfect. I did wobble on this and put a Mishimoto H Pipe in as I thought the resonator was subdued. However, I did not like the in-cabin sound of the H pipe. I don’t know if it was drone or I just didn’t like the low hum. So I got the resonator put back in and it sounds fantastic, maybe a little louder than it was before! While I would be interested to see what the Corsa double helix xpipe sounds like in Gibbo’s car cabin, what I have is making me smile right now. The experiment cost me a couple of hundred but I wouldn’t have known what I like without doing it.

The handling mods I give you guys all the credit. Fantastic. I did them all at once so can’t tell what’s doing what but I’ve never driven a car like it! So assured and reactive, I ask it to do something and it does it. The ride is firm but comfortable. Speed-bumps were a bit stressful when I had it dropped as much as I originally did but the small adjustments I made on the coilovers fixed that. I wish I had more motoring language to express how nice it drives but I will say that when I had to drive the Mazda 3 for a day, it felt like driving a toy car in comparison.

Many people have asked to take a pic of the car, very British! When I got back to my car yesterday outside M&S, the woman parked next to me told me that someone had been taking pictures of my car while I was away. I told her not to worry, it happens because it’s so unique. Later on I started worrying that if it was somebody taking pictures to submit to a nefarious “to steal in Solihull” list!

Booked in for a G-Techniq ceramic treatment at the end of the month.
Sponsored