OP
OP
Timeless

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I just wish I was able to read the main article here in the UK, as presented with the following message after clicking on the link :
"Sorry, this content is not available in your region."
Converted it to a PDF for ya.
Sponsored

Attachments

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
In my experience, the track package can have issues on the street with rough pavement. Speed bumps can send you airborne if taken too quickly. The stock was capable and comfortable but floaty. The street pack turned out just right. Ford knew what they were doing with this.

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My issue with this statement is experience with other performance autos and DCT and even GM software with the same hardware.
Normal is too soft and sport is too aggressive on the rev-matching downshifts in daily driving IMO. To be perfect, I would like a mode between normal and sport with the characteristics of normal on deceleration but the pedal response and gear selection of Sport under acceleration and neutral throttle. Ford could even make it speed sensitive because the rev-matching downshifts are really only too aggressive under 30mph...like when coming down from 45 to a stoplight.
There is already a way to select Sport mode only (on the shifter without toggling into Sport + mode) so it's just a matter of programming.
THIS, exactly! Every time I mention this to other 10R80 owners they either don't understand what I'm talking about or they don't use the paddles to manually down shift at the lower speeds in the specific RPM range where this problem exists. The downshift from 4th to 3rd around 4k rpms is bad, and 3rd to 2nd is the worst. Very jerky and not enough throttle to properly rev match the downshift. Consequently, the downshift from 2nd to 1st is great (compared to similar rpm's downshift in the previous gears) with plenty of throttle to rev match smoothly. So it's definitely not a torque issue with the short gearing in 2nd and 3rd. Very frustrating that a simple programming fix hasn't been done by Ford for this issue yet. It affects all 2018 and 2019 GT's, PP and non-PP versions. Another big issue with the current transmission programming is that there's a LONG delay (1.5s to 2s) from the time you manually select the paddle going from 1st to 2nd, when using normal 1/4 to 1/2 throttle application. The shift speed is directly tied to throttle application, but it should be this slow. It's so bad I just switch it to 2nd at a light when in manual mode because I can't stand the prolonged delay while the revs continue to climb until the car finally decides to react to the 1st to 2nd paddle shift. Again, this is only in manual shift mode, and affects all drive modes when using a normal, relaxed 1/4 to 1/2 throttle application from a standstill in 1st gear.
Sponsored