Sponsored

tax time

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
It is about time to do 2021 taxes. I've been putting it off a bit this year even though I usually get a little back. I usually do my own since I just have one job and not a lot of extra stuff, but it is still a headache. I was just wondering what site you guys recommend that is free or nearly free? For the life of me I can't remember what I used last year. I'm thinking it may have just been the IRS site for federal and then whatever for State, but it looks like most of them charge you now. I used to use Benefit Bank online, but it no longer offers it. I'm wondering if I should just take it to H&R Block or something to avoid the headache and maybe they can find me a little more money somewhere that I may miss, but then if they charge more than $50 or so may not be worth it.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt mustang shadow black 10 sp
It is about time to do 2021 taxes. I've been putting it off a bit this year even though I usually get a little back. I usually do my own since I just have one job and not a lot of extra stuff, but it is still a headache. I was just wondering what site you guys recommend that is free or nearly free? For the life of me I can't remember what I used last year. I'm thinking it may have just been the IRS site for federal and then whatever for State, but it looks like most of them charge you now. I used to use Benefit Bank online, but it no longer offers it. I'm wondering if I should just take it to H&R Block or something to avoid the headache and maybe they can find me a little more money somewhere that I may miss, but then if they charge more than $50 or so may not be worth it.
credit carma totaly free

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Robert!

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I had been putting it off longer than usual this year, but tried to complete it the other day using the new Credit Karma app. I got the Federal and State done without issue, but it is saying I need to do a school district and it is very confusing. It seems I have trouble with that part every year as I'm not sure if the amount in box 19 is supposed to be for SD or city taxes. This time its even more confusing since I moved last year so I have 3 W2's from the same place that have an amount for the previous town I lived in, the current town and the town I work in. I'm not sure if I put the amount in that looks like is for SD will work as it looks to be saying I would have several hundred in rebate (which I don't think is right), but if I use it as city tax then I would owe about $150 which doesn't sound right either.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt mustang shadow black 10 sp
So I had been putting it off longer than usual this year, but tried to complete it the other day using the new Credit Karma app. I got the Federal and State done without issue, but it is saying I need to do a school district and it is very confusing. It seems I have trouble with that part every year as I'm not sure if the amount in box 19 is supposed to be for SD or city taxes. This time its even more confusing since I moved last year so I have 3 W2's from the same place that have an amount for the previous town I lived in, the current town and the town I work in. I'm not sure if I put the amount in that looks like is for SD will work as it looks to be saying I would have several hundred in rebate (which I don't think is right), but if I use it as city tax then I would owe about $150 which doesn't sound right either.
I have never

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
On a couple of money forums I visit, they recommended https://www.freetaxusa.com/

I compared this to a copy a turbo tax I have and they both came to the same amount. I'm going with freetax since it is a lot cheaper for state tax (I have two States this year). It is not free but I had some special tax considerations last year.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I mailed mine yesterday. I did get a refund which I applied to this year.
Sponsored