Sponsored

Tamest axle back to pair with X pipe?

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
So I installed the X-pipe to go with my Roush AB this weekend, as I was not 100% satisfied with the Roush on its own. The tone seemed to flatten out up to me.

Well now with the X-pipe, in higher RPM's it definitely screams. But cold starts are ridiculously loud and it just sounds too tinny/straight pipey to me now.

Looking into a different set of mufflers that are a bit tamer overall and a bit cleaner sounding. What would you guys recommend? Ford racing touring? Sport?

I'd rather not get something like the corsa sport AB as I can't really justify spending that much on the mufflers alone.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Where can you find the gt500 axle back? With the x pipe that sounds perfect.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
The GT500 does sound very nice with the x pipe. I'd rather get one that I wouldn't need to modify

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Corsa touring is VERY mild. I have it on mine. Sounds incredible but very quiet with windows up and zero drone.

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
Borla S Type or Stinger is very loud and more or less a straight through muffler, and the same as the Roush - IIRC. I had the S type/Stingers with an off road x then paired them with long tubes, it was very loud (before and after the pairings for comparison).

To each their own, but I recommend the MBRP Street for the money. I heard the MBRP Race cat back on Tcstang's car (screw you and your remote start :headbonk:) and I thought that sounded great, even though its a bit louder than the Street version. You can't beat their prices.

Other than that option and as mentioned previously (for the money) - the Ford Racing Touring, and GT500 exhaust.

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Well I pulled the trigger last night on the Ford Racing touring axle back from American Muscle. Hoping I receive by Saturday at the latest so I can get it swapped out this weekend

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Wish I got to this sooner. I was going to suggest the Magnaflow Street. I love it with my Ford Racing X Pipe.

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Wish I got to this sooner. I was going to suggest the Magnaflow Street. I love it with my Ford Racing X Pipe.
I actually was not able to find just the Magnaflow street axle back, only the comp. Am I just retarded and didn't look hard enough? lol

Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I actually was not able to find just the Magnaflow street axle back, only the comp. Am I just retarded and didn't look hard enough? lol
I can't find it anywhere now either. That's weird.

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Street axleback isn't released yet, last I checked.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
So I installed the X-pipe to go with my Roush AB this weekend, as I was not 100% satisfied with the Roush on its own. The tone seemed to flatten out up to me.

Well now with the X-pipe, in higher RPM's it definitely screams. But cold starts are ridiculously loud and it just sounds too tinny/straight pipey to me now.

Looking into a different set of mufflers that are a bit tamer overall and a bit cleaner sounding. What would you guys recommend? Ford racing touring? Sport?

I'd rather not get something like the corsa sport AB as I can't really justify spending that much on the mufflers alone.
Honestly I'd switch to an H pipe. The x pipe is where that straight pipe, tinny sound comes from

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Honestly I'd switch to an H pipe. The x pipe is where that straight pipe, tinny sound comes from
Yea too late now anyways, got FRPP touring on the way. From all the videos I've heard, the H pipe had a bit of a "farty" sound up top to me. But it's always hard to tell from videos.

The sound is growing on me a bit, but still not the crisp tone I am looking for, hoping the touring mufflers will get me there. I really like how they sound from the videos I've heard, plus they seem to sound amazing with headers also should I go that route later on.
Sponsored