Sponsored

Taking wheels from US to UK

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I'm heading over to America for a few weeks at the end of next month. I've got a huge luggage allowance due to air miles etc.. I'm tempted to buy a set of alloys while I'm over there. Was just wondering if any of you guys had done this before? Is it worth it? I can imagine I wont get away with it and I'll have to pay the tax when I arrive in Britain, even though no-one ever seems to be at the bit where you declare the items...

Thoughts, suggestions and criticisms would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stuart0202

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm planning on putting them in boxes in the hold of the plane. Will be wrapped up in bubble wrap etc..

RyStang72

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uptownimaging.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My wife just bought back 120kgs of suitcase/boxes from Asia, a lot of heavy food! absolutely no checks whatsoever.

I think if you box up each one individually you will get through no issues....customs are pretty much intel driven and tend to focus on flights x/y/z for various/obvious reasons

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
They're always bigger than you imagine... ;)
They only seem to look small on the car!

Sponsored

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
A set of secondhand wheels with a bit of mud on that someone gave to you should not have much value!!! If customs where interested! Lol

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I did this once as well, about 10 years ago. Taped the boxes 2 by 2 together so I had 2 items that were both exactly the maximum size of a hold luggage item so transport was free. Walked through customs no questions asked as well.

My biggest problem was when I walked out of the airport, had to turn in my cart and wondered how the heck I was going to get home with them :D
Sponsored