Sync voice commands for USB audio (selecting/playing tracks by folder)

Discussion in 'Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth)' started by Zathras, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Zathras

Zathras Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I was looking at an old list of SYNC voice commands for navigating USB or SD music by folder, and utterly failing to get those commands to work on my 2018. I guess the command list I had doesn't reflect all versions of SYNC, or my voice is unintelligible. But what I'm trying to find are voice commands for searching/browsing and playing back music on USB by folder name.

For example, the command list I have shows commands like "Play folder [name]" and "Browse all folders" as supported. I could not get either command to work.

This would be handy since I don't really organize my music carefully, I often just throw a bunch of ripped mp3s for a given genre into a folder without individual album or artist information. So I often need to navigate by folder rather than by artist or album. Does anyone know if there are voice commands for navigating/playback by folder name?

Yeah, I could use the screen to find and select the folder I want, but that's kind of fiddly. Thanks for any feedback.

2. OP
    OP
    Zathras

Zathras Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I'm bumping this again because I was trying again today to see if I could find a way to do this, and failing. Using the touchscreen to find and select a folder while driving is a pain.

About the only commands that work for me are Play ARTISTNAME or Play SONGNAME, maybe Play ALBUMNAME. That doesn't help when I'd like to play a particular folder of mixed music...

3. nrc

nrc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang EB PP
    0   0   0
    I create M3U playlists and "Play playlist playlistname" works for me.

Sadly it doesn't seem like Sync3 supports all the commands from the old Sync system so a lot of the lists you find are useless.