Sponsored

Sync voice commands for USB audio (selecting/playing tracks by folder)

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was looking at an old list of SYNC voice commands for navigating USB or SD music by folder, and utterly failing to get those commands to work on my 2018. I guess the command list I had doesn't reflect all versions of SYNC, or my voice is unintelligible. But what I'm trying to find are voice commands for searching/browsing and playing back music on USB by folder name.

For example, the command list I have shows commands like "Play folder [name]" and "Browse all folders" as supported. I could not get either command to work.

This would be handy since I don't really organize my music carefully, I often just throw a bunch of ripped mp3s for a given genre into a folder without individual album or artist information. So I often need to navigate by folder rather than by artist or album. Does anyone know if there are voice commands for navigating/playback by folder name?

Yeah, I could use the screen to find and select the folder I want, but that's kind of fiddly. Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm bumping this again because I was trying again today to see if I could find a way to do this, and failing. Using the touchscreen to find and select a folder while driving is a pain.

About the only commands that work for me are Play ARTISTNAME or Play SONGNAME, maybe Play ALBUMNAME. That doesn't help when I'd like to play a particular folder of mixed music...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I create M3U playlists and "Play playlist playlistname" works for me.

Sadly it doesn't seem like Sync3 supports all the commands from the old Sync system so a lot of the lists you find are useless.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
There's no command for playing or browsing of folder names. Genre, playlist, artist, song and album names. If they're all tagged with the same genre, use that name, e.g. "Play Rock" / "Play Genre Rock".

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Wait for ios13. Supposed to be a massive change for CarPlay and Siri. I am really excited honestly
Sponsored