FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
2019 Mustang GT.
I got out of my car from the drivers side and locked it with my key. You know the usual mustang logo on the dash fades and then shuts off. Well i noticed the screen never turned off it was stuck on a black dimmed screen. So im like thats weird so then i went to the passenger side and i opened the door and closed it, locked it and the screen shut off right away WTF. So then i tired the same thing on the Drivers again and man same dimmed screen wouldnt shut off HELP!!!!!
Sponsored

smav03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT; 400a, PP, MT
2019 Mustang GT.
I got out of my car from the drivers side and locked it with my key. You know the usual mustang logo on the dash fades and then shuts off. Well i noticed the screen never turned off it was stuck on a black dimmed screen. So im like thats weird so then i went to the passenger side and i opened the door and closed it, locked it and the screen shut off right away WTF. So then i tired the same thing on the Drivers again and man same dimmed screen wouldnt shut off HELP!!!!!
I had this happen. it's a software thing (i think). Since you can't "reboot" a car, I disconnected the battery, let it sit for 1/2 hour, then reconnected. my thinking was that the ecu has to reboot after losing a power source. It worked.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I had this happen. it's a software thing (i think). Since you can't "reboot" a car, I disconnected the battery, let it sit for 1/2 hour, then reconnected. my thinking was that the ecu has to reboot after losing a power source. It worked.
Thanks a ton, i will try this later today.
Sponsored