Sync 3 (Non-Nav) 2.3 Update via USB

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1
Searched this forum and Google high and wide, couldn't find any information on 2.3 update errors.

Been on the phone with Ford for a while now. I've literally tried everything to update my Sync 3 (Non-Nav) running 2.2 to 2.3. Finally got the update to start with Ford on the phone and after about 6 minutes the dash kicked back a MEM_ERR03 code. Ford has no idea what to do and they're escalating it to a research team.

Anyone else has this issue? I tried re-downloading the file directly from Ford, buying a new 32GB 3.0 USB stick, Master Resetting my unit. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_0507.JPG
Sponsored

Kakemone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Searched this forum and Google high and wide, couldn't find any information on 2.3 update errors.

Been on the phone with Ford for a while now. I've literally tried everything to update my Sync 3 (Non-Nav) running 2.2 to 2.3. Finally got the update to start with Ford on the phone and after about 6 minutes the dash kicked back a MEM_ERR03 code. Ford has no idea what to do and they're escalating it to a research team.

Anyone else has this issue? I tried re-downloading the file directly from Ford, buying a new 32GB 3.0 USB stick, Master Resetting my unit. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same issue and tried with multiple usb sticks and combinations.
Another person in the other topic told me that there’s a problem with some files uncompressing the wrong way and the system is running out of available memory.

I will just skip this one and wait for the 3.0 to come out. At this point it doesn’t really matter and there will be no visible changes from 2.2 to 2.3
I was excited about sync 3 but after using it for couple years I think it’s useless - slow release of new versions, no visible changes or improvements, no support, no apps. The only thing kinda useful is CarPlay or android auto but to some extend. I am expiericing a lot of bugs with car play too.

Overall very disappointed with sync 3 and I don’t want to even talk about that just as far as design it looks terrible and maybe 5 years behind

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey guys, I did mine with a 64GB Samsung stick via MyFord and had no problems (and my car is swapped) When version 2.2 came out I tried to use a generic MircoCenter 32GB stick and I DID have issues. As soon as I bought the Samsung it was smooth.

Kakemone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have the same issue and tried with multiple usb sticks and combinations.
Another person in the other topic told me that there’s a problem with some files uncompressing the wrong way and the system is running out of available memory.

I will just skip this one and wait for the 3.0 to come out. At this point it doesn’t really matter and there will be no visible changes from 2.2 to 2.3
I was excited about sync 3 but after using it for couple years I think it’s useless - slow release of new versions, no visible changes or improvements, no support, no apps. The only thing kinda useful is CarPlay or android auto but to some extend. I am expiericing a lot of bugs with car play too.

Overall very disappointed with sync 3 and I don’t want to even talk about that just as far as design it looks terrible and maybe 5 years behind
Hey guys, I did mine with a 64GB Samsung stick via MyFord and had no problems (and my car is swapped) When version 2.2 came out I tried to use a generic MircoCenter 32GB stick and I DID have issues. As soon as I bought the Samsung it was smooth.
I tried with 64gig and then with a 128 gig

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
32GB 3.0 USB
dont look further, thats the problem.. you need 64GB to make it work in one shot..like I said non-navs have a smaller memory, they rely more on usb drive to extract their files into,when thats not enough you get that error..

OP
OP

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
dont look further, thats the problem.. you need 64GB to make it work in one shot..like I said non-navs have a smaller memory, they rely more on usb drive to extract their files into,when thats not enough you get that error..

Ordered a 64GB. It’ll be here Thursday so I’ll post the results Thursday night.

Sponsored
OP
OP

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I just tried it again with a 64GB stick... no good. I’m absolutely over this 2.3 install.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
most importantly did you format exfat? then second question: did you master reset first?

OP
OP

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
most importantly did you format exfat? then second question: did you master reset first?
Formatted exFAT. I’ve done about 4 factory resets, but haven’t done one since my last failure. I brought the USB drive to work with me. Will report back after doing another master reset and trying again.

Edit: Alright man. Time to wait for 3.0. I just think my non-nav unit is having serious issues trying to install 2.3. I spent $30 bucks in flash drives that I cannot return and it’s just been a waste of time. Thanks for your help though, brother.
Sponsored

Last edited: