Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have always felt that Ford missed an opportunity not reviving the SVO name for the new EBM platform. While I understand the department it was named after has been through many different names basically still it was a very catchy acronym to go by like GT, GT350 SVO etc. I have been slowly making slight visual mods trying to keep my car in line with the spirit of the original SVO.

So I felt I would share it, as I go along. So far as the car sits its just badging and stripes, but I am working on little detail items. I just got my 3D printed decklid emblem finally, I will be either paint matching it or just going gloss black which is also as good.

I am working on a set of custom door sill plates that retain the stock LED functions waiting for a replacement stock set of sills to arrive so I can break down the existing placard then have a friend of mine fab a new aluminum plate cutout.

We'll see how it goes =)
Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I have always felt that Ford missed an opportunity not reviving the SVO name for the new EBM platform. While I understand the department it was named after has been through many different names basically still it was a very catchy acronym to go by like GT, GT350 SVO etc. I have been slowly making slight visual mods trying to keep my car in line with the spirit of the original SVO.

So I felt I would share it, as I go along. So far as the car sits its just badging and stripes, but I am working on little detail items. I just got my 3D printed decklid emblem finally, I will be either paint matching it or just going gloss black which is also as good.

I am working on a set of custom door sill plates that retain the stock LED functions waiting for a replacement stock set of sills to arrive so I can break down the existing placard then have a friend of mine fab a new aluminum plate cutout.

We'll see how it goes =)
Look great! Get the upper rear window spoiler as well as it would be a nice update to the original biplane wing on the SVOs I ram air hood would also look good as well, especially if it was functional :)

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was tossing around creating a 3D printed current day bi-wing similar to the original where the second wing was on the sail plane. However I did consider the upper one, and even though its not a similar representation, its a cleaner one.

I would love to get a similar hood, a stalker style hood would be close.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Yeah I was tossing around creating a 3D printed current day bi-wing similar to the original where the second wing was on the sail plane. However I did consider the upper one, and even though its not a similar representation, its a cleaner one.

I would love to get a similar hood, a stalker style hood would be close.
I agree with you on the stalker hood, and the upper spoiler would look cleaner and be a nice updated look for your SVO. Anyone who knows about Mustangs would get the reference immediately with that upper spoiler. I think CDC makes one. I have their side scoops and they make a quality product.

Mightee Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco Guard Met.
Guys, I would just like to say that I agree that Ford is missing out on an opportunity with not having a s550 svo. The 2.3 is why I bought mine. I have an uncle that has two svos. I bought svo badges to put on my fenders. I like that those that don't know ask what is an svo. What would a modern svo look like? I'm going to get a hurst shifter and koni shocks, among other changes.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i can see where you are coming from but then it would have to be SVO "some name" then it would have to be special in some way and not just the lowest model mustang you can get. like there wont be a mustang SVT or a mustang Shelby. its always SVT Cobra, or Shelby GT500. to make a "Mustang SVO" version it would have to be a special performance model of the ecoboost. which they can still do at any time. but being it will be a choice between souped up ecoboost or GT. that likely wont happen its a numbers thing most likely

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Next SVO should be a 2.7eb or 3.5eb. Possible for the S650.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
is SVT around any more? think the raptor was last thing they made. ford hands them over to roush and shelby teams now for special vehicles.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
is SVT around any more? think the raptor was last thing they made. ford hands them over to roush and shelby teams now for special vehicles.
I'm pretty sure that SVT became Ford Racing and now Ford Performance.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'm pretty sure that SVT became Ford Racing and now Ford Performance.
This is correct, Ford Racing, SVT, etc. rolled into Ford Performance as the global name. Ford Performance is responsible for Ford GT, GT350R, GT350, Focus RS, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, and the Raptor.

A "Shelby" GT350 just has the Shelby name licensed for marketing purposes; Ford Performance does the work on it, and is still built in Flat Rock on the same lines with other Mustangs. It is a Ford Production vehicle.

You *can* buy a Shelby variant, just like a Steeda or Roush. There is also a "Shelby Raptor." Some parts are designed in tandem with other builders (see Roush and Borla).
Sponsored