SVE GT7 19x11 deal

Emtiaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emtiaz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Audi
I had my first opportunity to try out the new wheels and tires (Supercar 3R) last night at Autobahn Country Club. WOW! What a difference. There were several corners that I used to have to feather the throttle a bit as I went through. Now, just hold it to the floor and it just sticks. And obviously braking was amazing too. These wheels/tires really allow the FP Track Pack suspension to shine. With the Firestone Indy 500s, the grip just wasn't there. Honestly, I was a little disappointed, thinking maybe the suspension setup wasn't quite what I hoped it to be. No worries now. Without a doubt, the performance level of the car is now WAY ahead of where it was with the stock PP suspension a P-Zeros. Happy camper!
IMG_20200729_162655.jpg
looks real nice. I bought the same wheels in bronze. Got them new Michelin’s 285s all around but I have been noticing vibration on my steering wheel. Did you the face any vibration or anything ? Is this an alignment issue?
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
looks real nice. I bought the same wheels in bronze. Got them new Michelin’s 285s all around but I have been noticing vibration on my steering wheel. Did you the face any vibration or anything ? Is this an alignment issue?
No vibration issues for me. Could be alignment, or imbalanced wheel. You may want to check and see if you lost any wheel weights.

Emtiaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emtiaz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Audi
No vibration issues for me. Could be alignment, or imbalanced wheel. You may want to check and see if you lost any wheel weights.
Thanks. Yeah I will check that. I just got the tires put on them last week from discount tires. Pretty sure they have balance it. Hope the wheel is not bent or something.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Thanks. Yeah I will check that. I just got the tires put on them last week from discount tires. Pretty sure they have balance it. Hope the wheel is not bent or something.
FWIW, I have used the same tire installer for over 15 years. He's great. he said getting the tires on these wheels was one of the most difficult jobs he could remember and took twice as long as usual. He said it had to do with the large barrel of the wheel. The barrel is so large presumably to accommodate GT350 brakes, etc. He also said that he had to rebalance one of the wheels twice. Although he chalked this up more to the tire than the wheel. Food for thought.
Sponsored