Super upset... 12.9 @ 112.8 mph

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Here's a website that you select your track, and it'll tell you the DA along with any other pertinent information for that time during the day and even on throughout the day. It's a handy tool to use.

http://airdensityonline.com/tracks/
Sponsored

DarthLepard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
sorry, I am not trying to take away from your post, I am really not.

But I just love how we have vehicles that can run in the 12's, get exceptional gas mileage, and some of the safest that have ever been on the road..............and somehow that isn't good enough :)

Guys, I venture to say we are living in the "good 'ole days" right now. I graduated high school in '93. My previous generation had true muscle cars, crappy power by todays standards, horrible suspensions and technology. My generation had things like IROC Camaros and Fox Mustangs, making barely into the 200's on horsepower and thought you were awesome breaking into the 20's in gas mileage. Now the next generation has cars that are faster, make more power, are more efficient and arguably look better, and those are the damn rental car versions, not even the bad boy models like the GT or GT350 or 1LE's or ZL1's of the world......

So sit back, crack a beer and enjoy what we have guys, because it is flat out amazing IMO.

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
sorry, I am not trying to take away from your post, I am really not.

But I just love how we have vehicles that can run in the 12's, get exceptional gas mileage, and some of the safest that have ever been on the road..............and somehow that isn't good enough :)

Guys, I venture to say we are living in the "good 'ole days" right now. I graduated high school in '93. My previous generation had true muscle cars, crappy power by todays standards, horrible suspensions and technology. My generation had things like IROC Camaros and Fox Mustangs, making barely into the 200's on horsepower and thought you were awesome breaking into the 20's in gas mileage. Now the next generation has cars that are faster, make more power, are more efficient and arguably look better, and those are the damn rental car versions, not even the bad boy models like the GT or GT350 or 1LE's or ZL1's of the world......

So sit back, crack a beer and enjoy what we have guys, because it is flat out amazing IMO.
Yes I can appreciate that.

However, 10 years ago, in my 04 cobra, stock, ran a better time and was cheaper than this car. (Purchased new in 2005 for 31k, was a little cheaper than msrp because the 2005 mustangs were out.) Had all the safety and such as my current car. Progress?? Quality of product overall has been increasingly better, but so has the MSRP. How much has the other things changed that effects today's product? Inflation, yeah, but how much? (What cost $32,000 in 2004 would cost $39,676.99 in 2014)

But this goes for about 90% of everything else in the world. Cell phones 10 years ago compared to today. Gaming systems, computers, internet, chat forums like these, etc.

The expectation of progress and purchasing a car are implied, especially when the big 3 battle each other. Great times indeed for all car enthusiasts.

My frustration is my directed to the wheel hop more than anything. I'd take this car over my 04 cobra all day. Because of the other items the car offers.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
The wheel hop is a pain in the a$$. I only went to the track once because I was afraid to break the axles. My car is a stock pp far with a frpp cat back and ran 12.81 at 112-113. Some of the passes the wheel hop was so bad I quit the run all together.

On top of the wheel hop the tq pulling issue/clutch saver or what ever it's being called is a major pain as well. Couple runs first and swings gear felt like I was pulling a trailer until 3rd gear.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would have been happy to get that. I couldn't break into the 12s today. My best was 13.1 at 110 with my 2015 pp gt.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
It was bumming me out knowing the car could go faster if I could leave harder than 2000 rpm with out wheel hop or tq management kicking in. That's one thing I don't like is all the nannies in the car. I have to go through the routine of turning them off everytime I get in the car even if it's only a 1 mile run to the store.

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
going to go with the steeda stuff and another set of rims and sticky tires. Then hope the axles hold up. :)

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I wouldn't be too upset, I feel like people are getting used to the advancements in technology in the last 5 years or so and see all these big numbers and expect them right away. A 12 second car will hold its own pretty well out and about on the street and while its not blazing fast by no means is that slow. Drag racing isnt as simple as driving your car in a straight line as a lot of people say. With some more practice, a good tire and some suspension work I'm sure you'd see some improvement.

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't be too upset, I feel like people are getting used to the advancements in technology in the last 5 years or so and see all these big numbers and expect them right away. A 12 second car will hold its own pretty well out and about on the street and while its not blazing fast by no means is that slow. Drag racing isnt as simple as driving your car in a straight line as a lot of people say. With some more practice, a good tire and some suspension work I'm sure you'd see some improvement.
Yeah, but my 2012 with same exact mods ran 12.5 @ 113-4 mph. So I'm a bit upset to go a few steps backwards. Actually bought a jlt cold air and john lund tune from beefcake as well then. Catback was gt500 though.

My other cars have run 11's. I'm a frequent 1/4 mile track person.
Sponsored