SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'll probably change my exhaust at some point next year, no doubt after hearing another GT with an aftermarket pipe. I'd sooner wait until there are a few cars in the UK and there's been a chance to see what parts are going to be available to us without the need to ship from the US.

However in the short-term I would prefer to have black tips on my stock exhaust. Tips can be bought/made but the question is, are the tips on the GT an integrated part of the exhaust system or are they "bolt-on/removable"?

Also, what's the diameter of the pipe after the back box?

I did have a look at the parts catalog and that appear to show the tips as being part of the system and would therefore need to be cut off.

Would appreciate it if one of you lucky GT owners already in possession of their cars could take a look. No rush, probably won't have mine til next year...

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Felian88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure, but I think i have read a few times ago that the exhaust system in the UK version is not the same like the EU or US version.
I think you can´t use US or EU exhaust systems on UK cars without adaptation work.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
It's only the one of the manifolds on the RHD car that is different from the LHD car. So any exhaust system from the manifolds back should fit.

The tips are indeed part of the exhaust not a bolt on. There are plenty of CJ Pony Parts YouTube videos of fitting exhausts, which I have avidly watched, if only i had access to a lift as all the fitting looks really easy when you have proper access to the underside of the car.

For example, an axle back exhaust involves cutting but cat back and more do not.

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Anyone happen to know if the stock exhaust is stainless steel, specifically the tips? Apparently the headers are.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Steve I suggest looking into some custom exhaust.
In 2 weeks I'm getting a custom 3" exhaust from Longlife UK. It's franchise here, so I'm sure you can find it in the UK.
They make any type of exhausts, from tips to turbo back.

Sponsored

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
Anyone happen to know if the stock exhaust is stainless steel, specifically the tips? Apparently the headers are.
I believe the tips are. I have a 2 month old exhaust in my garage just taken off our '15 GT that I cannot get rid of as no one wants it.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I believe the tips are. I have a 2 month old exhaust in my garage just taken off our '15 GT that I cannot get rid of as no one wants it.
Man that blows. I wanna sell my exhaust after I change it, but if you can't sell in USA i doubt I'm selling it here...
And I want to buy coilovers... hope someone might need a stock suspension next year.

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Steve I suggest looking into some custom exhaust.
In 2 weeks I'm getting a custom 3" exhaust from Longlife UK. It's franchise here, so I'm sure you can find it in the UK.
They make any type of exhausts, from tips to turbo back.
Will no doubt end up going aftermarket or custom but with the car set to arrive pretty much at the start of our worst winter months I'm in no particular rush. Would prefer to avoid cutting the stock exhaust in case the law decide its offending peoples ears and want me to reinstate it hence I was now considering "blackening" the stock tips. I see posts on this process.

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION]

The tips on the GT are an integrated part of the exhaust system, see picture of my stock exhaust :
Thanks John, that's perfect. Not even room to cut the tips off and fit bolt-on black ones, so its either colour the existing ones or bite the bullet and get a cat-back.

Sponsored

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
Man that blows. I wanna sell my exhaust after I change it, but if you can't sell in USA i doubt I'm selling it here...
And I want to buy coilovers... hope someone might need a stock suspension next year.
I couldn't even get the Ford dealer to give me any money at all to have as a spare for second hand parts. They told me the exhaust never has problems and no one wants it. They said best part is sell it to a scrap yard. Free to good home if anyone wants it from me.

dimitarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 V8 EU
does anyone know if there is difference in EU vs. US exhaust in these cars?
I think ive read somewhere that EU exhaust is more restrictive than US, resulting in quiter mustang. can someone confirm this?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
does anyone know if there is difference in EU vs. US exhaust in these cars?
I think ive read somewhere that EU exhaust is more restrictive than US, resulting in quiter mustang. can someone confirm this?
As far as I can tell, the exhaust superficially looked exactly the same as the US one when I had a look under there when it was on the bridge to have my tires changed.
Sponsored