Sponsored

Stock Downpipe Hanger Bolt

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Does anyone know the bolt size for the 2 bolts that hold the downpipe hanger to the engine/trans? It is part #W715404-S439 I think.

None of the local dealers have in stock.
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Did you end up getting one? I keep forgetting about it and don't know which one is the exact one.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I actually broke one of those a few days ago, I ordered 2 of them last week, and got them yesterday, took over an hour to reverse the broken bolt out of the threads. I dont know the size, I just put 2 oem bolts back in as its what it came with.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I actually broke one of those a few days ago, I ordered 2 of them last week, and got them yesterday, took over an hour to reverse the broken bolt out of the threads. I dont know the size, I just put 2 oem bolts back in as its what it came with.
I meant if the part number is correct in the OP.

Did you just use pliers to get the bolt out? I haven't even thought about taking the old bolt out. Mine broke in half because I overtightened it.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My friend and I installed together and was late he was being lazy and used impact and broke the bottom of the two bolts right off, clean shear. There was nothing to grab.

Went to harbor freight, bought a 3 dollar automatic spring brass punch tool. On jacks, I tried to center the punch, used it like 20 times to try make a nice solid indent to drill

(Awful positions and hurt shoulder made it harder) but long story, I was able to get a small bite using left hand drill bit, but it quit moving with just a little piece sticking out

Then used pliers and kept trying to bite and twisty hurray!

I don’t know the part # but ford sent me the wrong bolts at first they got me the turbo stud bolts, then showed him using their diagram which bolts

Cost $2.50 a piece I do know that. I replaced both because I don’t know if he strained the top bolt, figure cheap assurance

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
My friend and I installed together and was late he was being lazy and used impact and broke the bottom of the two bolts right off, clean shear. There was nothing to grab.

Went to harbor freight, bought a 3 dollar automatic spring brass punch tool. On jacks, I tried to center the punch, used it like 20 times to try make a nice solid indent to drill

(Awful positions and hurt shoulder made it harder) but long story, I was able to get a small bite using left hand drill bit, but it quit moving with just a little piece sticking out

Then used pliers and kept trying to bite and twisty hurray!

I don’t know the part # but ford sent me the wrong bolts at first they got me the turbo stud bolts, then showed him using their diagram which bolts

Cost $2.50 a piece I do know that. I replaced both because I don’t know if he strained the top bolt, figure cheap assurance
Shit man I don't want to spend hours on this crap again lol. It was annoying enough to align the downpipe on the turbo with jack stands.

I'm pretty sure OP is the correct one based on this diagram:
https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada...ne/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat.

I'm probably in the same predicament as you, head broke off, and have to reverse drill it out or weld a nut on there and use a wrench. I've just been driving the car and no issues at all but it's a peace of mind thing.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. My friend said it’s fine one bolt
But don’t want to catch a piece of debris and wish I had two bolts.

Just wanted peace of mind. That’s it. 5 dollars to fix

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My ford dealer. And those photos aren’t the same ones they showed me but mines a manual

Item number 8 in the exhaust photo above is what I believe is correct bolt

It’s even labeled bracket bolt

The exhaust photo I was shown at firs was labeled different like t1 or td1 or something stupid
Sponsored