WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Has anybody else had this with there 15'? When going around a low speed turn and I have the steering wheel turned roughly a 1/4 of a turn, when I start to turn the steering wheel back straight it catches, feels like it sticks for second, sorry only way I know to describe it. When it's in sport mode with the heavier steering feel it is a lot more noticeable. Is this common with the electric steering on these cars or is it my car has a problem? I just hate to take it to the dealer and be told normal operation or they could not duplicate the concern. It has done this since it was brand new, not something that just started.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
not normal

Reactions: WKT

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I had it happen a few times myself in the begining. 400 miles later it hasn't happened.

Reactions: WKT
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Mine only does it if I turn the wheel to that certain spot, steering wheel turned about 90 degrees, and turn back straight. If I turn farther, tighter turn like a parking lot, it does not catch turning back thru the spot where it catches. Because of this it might be days or weeks between times it does it. Thats why I haven't taken it to the dealer, I forget about it until it does the next time.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have this happen too when I turn left like u said about 1/4 turn. Now that a few other people are posting up about maybe I will attempt to waste more of time and take it to a dealership to have it looked at

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
unless it's a problem that's easy to reproduce, i think it's a waste of time to take it in.

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I'm afraid you may be right, I guess I will have to pay more attention to it to see if it is something I can reproduce on demand.

BAMCIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
My car doesn't seem to catch more like it gives out for a split second specially an tight corners then re-engage. Now I drive modified chargers for work when it get hot their power steering goes out completely I wonder if this is a heat related issue like the chargers.

JeffARB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'92 GT conv, '15 GT conv, '15 LE Kona AT #0015
Ah ha! I was going to post up about this... Thanks OP! Mine (Dec build, GT, auto, conv) has had my local dealer looking for this twice - they can never duplicate. After 1,200 miles so far I still can't find a pattern. Mine seems mostly on left turns, over 90degree turn of steering wheel. It will actually catch at about the 90degree mark and won't move unless I apply pressure to turn it back. To me it feels 'sticky' almost like something needs lubing. It will feel slightly sticky on some right turns too. It's just not a 'fluid' turning sensation. Most of the time it doesn't catch. It doesn't seem heat related, it will do it first drive of the day or after a 'spirited' driving. ANYONE who finds a solution or further thoughts, PLEASE post up!

larso2ka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I had this same thing happen to my 2015 V6 with a little over 2000 miles on it. When turning left, the steering would stick where it was and required some force to pull it back. It got to the point where I could get it to happen regularly, so I took it to the dealer and they had to replace the EPAS module. I got it back and the issues was fixed, but a few weeks later I started having different steering issues. Anyone else have an update on theirs?

Sponsored

BAMCIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Took it in with my engine light problem and they couldn't get it to reproduce the problem they just tighten a few bolts and it hasn't stuck as of yet keeping my fingers crossed.

Chaoz155mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP 50yr, 15 Mustang EB
I thought it was just me, being my first drive by wire vehicle. It's almost like a pull, feels odd, I don't see it being a problem as it never happens at high speed, and even at the low speeds it's very small.

I'm taking the wife's EB into dealership on tomorrow for recall work, I'll talk to them about it, see if they have any ideas, (ha ha, I'd be shocked if they do).

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Let us know if they admit to any complaints on this, thanks

larso2ka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
When I took mine in, the dealer said they weren't given specifics on how many people had this issue, but they said "I definitely wasn't the first to have it happen". They said if the issue gets worse, it could lead to power steering failure. They're fully aware that this is an issue.

Chaoz155mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP 50yr, 15 Mustang EB
My dealer never heard of this, he said he would shoot an email to Ford to see if anything has popped up. "Holding breath" annnnnnnd I'm dead.
Sponsored