Sponsored

steep hill issue with ecoboost, 6 speed manual

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Has anyone had this problem where you would have to start from mid of a steep hill and your car would stall all the time? I had it going from 1st gear and a floored the gas and car starting acting up and stalled. (Like if there was not enough power) This is the first time I experience this and been on my head since. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Btw: wanted to include that I was at a high altitude when this happened.
Sponsored

harkstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Magnetic
Try turning off hill assist? Not sure but I remember seeing that setting, might be screwing things up

NVulture

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium with PP MT
Hill assist works fine as long as you don't give it gas and just slowly let the clutch out. Have stalled everytime I've tried to give it gas with Hill assist engaged.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Hmm...never stalled with hill assist yet and use it daily. Just ease off clutch like normal. Try turning off hill assist and report back please

OP
OP

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I turned off hill assist and tried it on the same hill before we left arrowhead but started from the bottom of the hill and not from the middle due to weather condition and car felt fine. I will try it again with hill assist on/off and let you guys know. (Gotta find a similar hill around my house)
Sponsored