Sponsored

Steeds K-Member brace relevance CT/CS

Quesever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5, 2016 BMW R1200R
I know the GT/CS model comes with the strut tower brace and the K firewall brace. With both of those, is there a need, or what serves the purpose of Steeda's K-Member brace for the subframe under the car? Is this Steeda's version of the K brace attached to the firewall? I would really like to tie the chassis together as much as possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Quesever

Quesever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5, 2016 BMW R1200R
Dang, autocorrect got me good. Steeda's K-Member brace for GT/CS

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Are you talking about the "Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace"?

Steeda's K-Member brace goes underneath the car, to brace the front subframe. The factory strut tower brace and K firewall brace are at the top of the strut tower, more at the cowl level. So Steeda's K-Member brace will fit.

I have a PP car with the K-Member brace installed. I feel the front end is already pretty rigid from the factory, so I can't say the difference was night and day. The steering response was a little sharper. If you want to tie the chassis together as much as possible, then this mod will be a worthwhile investment.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Are you talking about the "Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace"?

Steeda's K-Member brace goes underneath the car, to brace the front subframe. The factory strut tower brace and K firewall brace are at the top of the strut tower, more at the cowl level. So Steeda's K-Member brace will fit.

I have a PP car with the K-Member brace installed. I feel the front end is already pretty rigid from the factory, so I can't say the difference was night and day. The steering response was a little sharper. If you want to tie the chassis together as much as possible, then this mod will be a worthwhile investment.
Thanks for posting your driving impressions!
Sponsored