Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Wanted to pass along this great video if you are wonderings what exactly it taking place when it comes to the wheel hop ... also offering insight as to how to correct!

[ame]

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129/

WAS WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT
Mine feels very planted, no hop or "stepping out" when I give it the beans to pass (or just be a road hooligan - LOL). Was well worth the investment IMO.
WHEEL HOP ON MY CAR IS 100% ELIMINATED
A couple of months ago, I started looking into overhauling the suspension of my 2015 GT PP. Up to that point, I had put about 7000 miles on my Mustang which allowed me to get a good sense of the issues with the IRS and overall suspension in stock form. Specifically, I wanted to stiffen up the entire rear end and eliminate the dreaded wheel hop while keeping NVH as close to the stock levels as possible. I also decided to replace the stock PP springs and sway bars in order to improve the overall handing, reduce body roll/brake dive and get rid of the bouncy ride. After going through a ton of feedback on the various solutions from the aftermarket (a lot of which came from fellow mustang6g members), I decided to go with Steeda. Below are the parts I chose to go with.

Differential Bushings (Red/Street)
Subframe Alignment Kit
Subframe Bushing Support
Vertical Links
Rear Toe Link
Subframe Suport Braces
Linear Sport Springs
Front and Rear Sway Bars and Billet Sway Bar Mounts
Bumpsteer Kit

I already had the Extreme G-Trak Brace installed.

Now to the most important part...the results. The handling of the car is on a whole different level after the suspension upgrades. Minimal pitch and roll during braking, turns and transitions. Overall, the entire car is very tight with much better turn in. As expected, the biggest improvement is the rear end. The power delivery through the IRS is fantastic. The wheel hop on my car is 100% eliminated. The rear tires feel as if they are glued to the ground. Coming out of corners, I am able to get on the throttle earlier and more aggressively without any drama. In terms of NVH, I hear some gear whine in 6th gear under minimal throttle between 75 and 80mph (windows closed/stereo off) as a result of the differential bushing inserts. Apart from that, I can't tell a difference compared to stock. Even the ride quality feels great. My fiancé couldn't tell that anything had been done to the car. Overall, I am very happy with the results. Props to Steeda for the excellent work they have done. In the near future, I am looking forward to adding a quality set of performance shocks/struts and hitting the road course.
Any many more happy customers on the forum!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The difference is night and day! Nice smooth launches now.
Sponsored