MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Here is the before:
2016 Mustang GT Convertible stock suspension in Sport+ mode on twisty roads, using Torque Track Recorder

If anyone knows how to get the video to show, I could use a hint!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

After install

Last edited:
OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So my impression: I really feel the difference. More planted, less lift and dive on acceleration and braking, much less roll into the turns. I feel like I have a little understeer, but I'm getting used to it.
The video of stock shows the roll into the high 30's a a lot longer than with the Steeda springs, with the Steeda's staying in the solid 20's as well as lower lift during acceleration compared to stock.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great video & cool program you are running with it.

Thanks for sharing ... speed limits, who needs them lol.

TJ

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for sharing! That's an amazing app, what is that? Plus, video is worth 1,000 words, I felt like I was driving!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Here is the before:
2016 Mustang GT Convertible stock suspension in Sport+ mode on twisty roads, using Torque Track Recorder

If anyone knows how to get the video to show, I could use a hint!
Like that?

Strip out all of the youtube address except for the field that follows the 'v'. Use text-message style shortcutting of 'youtube' down to 'u2b'. Minus the spaces inside the brackets it needs to look . . .
something like this ↓↓↓

[u 2 b]R0-Gru23e1A[/u 2 b]

Learned that little trick over on Camaro5 a couple of years or so back. Figured it was worth a try.

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I do have a question - what are the 'roll' and 'pitch' displays actually measuring? How are they being measured? I can't for the life of me match up the roll with the lateral g's, though some of that is probably a consequence of the "officially deprecated" status of the video.

Norm

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks for sharing! That's an amazing app, what is that? Plus, video is worth 1,000 words, I felt like I was driving!
It is Torque (paid version), and the Torque Track Recorder plug in, loaded on my Android phone

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I do have a question - what are the 'roll' and 'pitch' displays actually measuring? How are they being measured? I can't for the life of me match up the roll with the lateral g's, though some of that is probably a consequence of the "officially deprecated" status of the video.

Norm
It is using the accelerometer of the phone. The window mount hardware adds to some jitterness. You start on a level surface and "zero out" the pitch and roll. By no means is it a scientific evidence, but it does make a good starting point. And its fun to watch!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It is Torque (paid version), and the Torque Track Recorder plug in, loaded on my Android phone
Crap, I have an iPhone. The closest thing is OBD Fusion for iPhone and I haven't seen that feature in there. I use the Kiwi 3 adapter and will soon have PLX Devices' App scheduled for release later this month which will have that capability so I'll try that. If you can't measure it, you can't improve it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool app. The calculated roll angle is exaggerated by the lateral acceleration and is indicating about 4-5 times more than there actually is.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Very cool app. The calculated roll angle is exaggerated by the lateral acceleration and is indicating about 5 to 6 more than there actually is.
Can you explain a little more? The picture looks exaggerated, I thought that was just for illustration but is the measurement exaggerated as well? If so, then it would only be good for measuring improvement and not actuals but still helpful.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain a little more? The picture looks exaggerated, I thought that was just for illustration but is the measurement exaggerated as well? If so, then it would only be good for measuring improvement and not actuals but still helpful.
Think of a bubble level. That is kind of what the phone is doing. If you tilt a bubble level to say, 5 deg, and then spin around, it will move the bubble level, indicating significantly more than 5 deg. The car is not rolling anywhere near 20 or 30 degrees. 5-7 would be close, perhaps up to a peak of 10 if you chuck it into corner abruptly.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Think of a bubble level. That is kind of what the phone is doing. If you tilt a bubble level to say, 5 deg, and then spin around, it will move the bubble level, indicating significantly more than 5 deg. The car is not rolling anywhere near 20 or 30 degrees. 5-7 would be close, perhaps up to a peak of 10 if you chuck it into corner abruptly.
Great explanation, I can picture that perfectly! Is there a better way to measure it or is that really important? Maybe just having something to compare is enough?
Sponsored