Steeda progessive springs

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yes i saw the conflicting info no idea if whomever typed up the info for Steeda made a typo but it makes no sense to use their adj bumpstops with any lowering spring. I also would like to know if they work on the Koni/Pro Actions as the notes on the listing arent clear as they say "In testing" post up what they reply
Not sure why you say it wouldn't make sense to use them with any lowering springs? I just said above I am using the exact same springs, the Steeda Progressives and after a year, my bumps stops were completely tore up because I didn't trim them. Even after I trimmed them, it get better by putting in the Steeda adjustable bumpstops.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So you would recommend just using the small size (single pieces) Steeda bumpstops both front and rear? I only ask because the instructions say to use half length if "lowered" but on their website it says that the progressives should be used with full length. I sent a PM to Steeda, but haven't heard yet.

Thanks!
It's the weekend, I'm sure they'll get you on Monday. They are always responsive and very helpful. Yes, I would recommend getting the bumpstops and doing it at the same time. If you buy them now, you get a 15% discount and they are very inexpensive anyways.

If money is tight, a better approach is to cut the factory bumpstops first and try them. Like I mentioned it did make a big improvement for me. Then if it's still hitting bad, get the Steeda adjustable bumpstops and use the smaller one in the rear. Only the rear though. I still have the factory bumpstops in the front and they've never been trimmed. I can't say they don't need trimming in the front because I've never seen them.

By the way, I'm using Koni adjustable dampers with them. The diameter of the hole is a little bigger than the shaft on the Konis so I just put an o-ring under the bumpstop. That keeps it up so the dust cover is protecting the shocks.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Not sure why you say it wouldn't make sense to use them with any lowering springs? I just said above I am using the exact same springs, the Steeda Progressives and after a year, my bumps stops were completely tore up because I didn't trim them. Even after I trimmed them, it get better by putting in the Steeda adjustable bumpstops.
was a typo for some reason my sentence got cut off when editing, just corrected. but yes bumpstops are very important and on this car being lowered they serve a critical function.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had Steeda put there Progressive springs in there Florida shop. The last time I took the car down to Fl which was October 2016. There was never anything mentioned to me about other bump stops or cutting the factory bump stops. But regardless of that. I have yet to hit a bump so hard that it needs to hit the bump stops. I live in NY and it is some of the worse roads you can drive on. These springs ride really good and still glad I went with them. :cheers:

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
It's the weekend, I'm sure they'll get you on Monday. They are always responsive and very helpful. Yes, I would recommend getting the bumpstops and doing it at the same time. If you buy them now, you get a 15% discount and they are very inexpensive anyways.

If money is tight, a better approach is to cut the factory bumpstops first and try them. Like I mentioned it did make a big improvement for me. Then if it's still hitting bad, get the Steeda adjustable bumpstops and use the smaller one in the rear. Only the rear though. I still have the factory bumpstops in the front and they've never been trimmed. I can't say they don't need trimming in the front because I've never seen them.

By the way, I'm using Koni adjustable dampers with them. The diameter of the hole is a little bigger than the shaft on the Konis so I just put an o-ring under the bumpstop. That keeps it up so the dust cover is protecting the shocks.

I already have the bumpstop kit. I just need to know if I should go with short or full length. I would assume that since you cut yours, I should go with short. But I'll definitely wait to hear!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I already have the bumpstop kit. I just need to know if I should go with short or full length. I would assume that since you cut yours, I should go with short. But I'll definitely wait to hear!
Sorry, meant to say that in there. Definitely go with the short.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name