OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brian, this is good info! I will message you about the the spring stiffness.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Once you've found settings that you like, or better yet arrive at a Goldilocks solution (something that's not too soft for you or too stiff for her), you stop fiddling with them unless you pick up an autocross or track day habit somewhere along the way. Between track days, I might not touch mine at all once resetting them back to "street".

The adjustment procedure itself depends on the specific dampers, but if the adjuster comes out the top of the stud it takes less than a minute to do the fronts including the time spent opening and closing the hood. I'm not sure how access at the rear of an S550 compares to the S197.

Norm
The rear requires lifting the car, unless you have remarkably skinny/lanky arms and very short tires.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was afraid something like that was going to be the case. Clearly not something you'd want to be doing any more often than absolutely necessary, though it might still be worth the early work to arrive at whatever preferred settings.

Norm

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Bluelightening, Do you notice the bumps in the road much more with these springs?
It rides pretty smooth, and I have 20" wheels so less sidewall as well. It would be smoother with better shocks/struts, but it's pretty good as is. For your reference, I'm 42.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It rides pretty smooth, and I have 20" wheels so less sidewall as well. It would be smoother with better shocks/struts, but it's pretty good as is. For your reference, I'm 42.
Thanks Bluelightning, this gives me more confidence that it won't be too harsh
Sponsored