Sponsored

Steeda K Brace for a GT How do you like it?

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Did you re tighten all the hardware after so many miles? That eliminated all my issues .. and I daily drive my car.
Numerous times, Steeda even told me to torque down an additional 20lb/ft and still the same issue. Happened immediately after installing rather than after some time.

I probably spent 8 hours under the car removing it, replacing it, re-torquing it, adding various bits of rubber to stop it making the noise.
Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i can't remember seeing one under mine either. but the ford list does say k-brace. i have to change the oil in my PP2 tonight after work so i'll take a look for one.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
yea can someone take a picture of the factory pp2 k brace?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
My Steeda K Brace made an annoying groaning noise at certain loads, had to take it off.

Currently sitting in my garage collecting dust :(
You were hearing your chassis flexing... As you strengthen one part of the frame something else will flex as the load energy has to dissipate somewhere.

In race car building you theoretically want the car to be like a block and the loads get tracked to the suspension system. This makes the handling more predictable and helps you dial in the handling easier. The draw back is a car thats rigid also transfers more vibration and noise into the cabin.

Vibration is no joke... Extreme rigidity also has the effect of fatiguing metals and causes hairline fractures... Thats part of the reason why race cars aren't reused much apart from rule changes. In cars you can start having cracks at your seam welds...

What you needed is more attachment points to help track the load to the suspension.

Funny note the only exception to the stiff is better rule are go karts because they have no suspension and formula 1 cars because the springs are set so high to accommodate for the extreme downforce that the engineers rely on some percentage of frame flex to help them turn.
Sponsored