Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/black accent package
anyone running this setup? do you get alot of noise from the top of the shock, from the billet bearing housing underneath the camber plate?

i talked to some people at steeda about my concerns and was told that was how it was supposed to work. but if pull down the helper spring by hand the bearing housing droops and has play moving around freely.

any advice?
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I do not get a lot of noise at all. Did Steeda do the install? How far are you dropped? Jamie at Steeda told me that if I wanted to go any lower, the helper springs would need to come out as they would not help/bind...so maybe that?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
anyone running this setup? do you get alot of noise from the top of the shock, from the billet bearing housing underneath the camber plate?

i talked to some people at steeda about my concerns and was told that was how it was supposed to work. but if pull down the helper spring by hand the bearing housing droops and has play moving around freely.

any advice?
No, this is not normal. Please reach out to Jamie at Steeda 954-960-0774 he will go over the install with you.

Thanks,
Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Bigtim352

Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/black accent package
No, this is not normal. Please reach out to Jamie at Steeda 954-960-0774 he will go over the install with you.

Thanks,
Steeda Tech
ill have to call tomorrow, i emailed two videos to Brian Dopp maybe not the best in narration but def may be of some assistance. not sure who i spoke with yesterday but i Brian was on lunch and i spoke with who ever was on the phone.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
They'll get you straight...the Valdosta guys and Brian (who suggested I go there since it's an hour closer to me than Pompano) got mine perfect now (and I have all the confidence in the world that the Pompano guys can and would do the same). They found 3 of the 4 IRS subframe bolts cross-threaded, rear shock mounts mounted upside down (for real), end link on the wrong side of the strut, shocks on full firm instead of 1 click from soft (I should have checked all of it but I trusted)...they got it all sorted for a very good price as well. Needless to say, there was other stuff made right by the original shop, but they guy who did all the original work no longer worked for them, but they did fix some of his f ups. If I remembered his name I would warn others...he is now somewhere in Colorado and claims he builds race cars...bullshit, lol.
Sponsored