Sponsored

Stealth sub boxes.

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang w/Perf Pack
In case anyone is looking audio designs and custom graphics has driver and passenger stealth sub boxes for the s550's. Their current ones work with 2015 and 16 mustangs. I've got my 17 here as a mule for them so they can spec out and verify both will work or change the design. Should be available within the next few weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my phone but below is the imgur link with the boxes installed in the trunk. Still have access to the spare location and full trunk use. They will have them available for order on their site within the next week.

https://imgur.com/a/EjinfG9

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
FYI.
DON'T order subwoofer box from HIFISOUNDCONNECTION.COM
I ordered their box that the description clearly said fit my 2015 GT coupe.
It's not even close, off by like 8 inches. It got stuck as I was trying to squeeze it in thinking I must have missed something. So after a lot of back and forth with the vendor who blamed me for ordering the wrong one (?) they took it back. Charged me a 20% restocking fee even though it was their fault!
Best part, they still have them listed on their site and ebay as fitting the 2015-2017!

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
On my phone but below is the imgur link with the boxes installed in the trunk. Still have access to the spare location and full trunk use. They will have them available for order on their site within the next week.

https://imgur.com/a/EjinfG9
Would love one of these in a slightly smaller profile that doesn’t stick out past the wheel well (stealthbox sized). Might have to reach out and see if there’s any way to modify the fit, and make it for an 8” subwoofer.

OP
OP

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see why not, machine down the flat side far enough and it'll be good, but then you run into mounting depth issues. The driver side is about 5.5 max mounting depth so if you shave it down you're not gonna have much space, but reach out to them, never know.

OP
OP

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are they secured?
They fit very snuggly in the corners. Was recommended to either screw in to the bottom of box/car or velcro. Gonna get some industrial velcro and mount to the bottom of box and car. Should hold them very well.

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
They fit very snuggly in the corners. Was recommended to either screw in to the bottom of box/car or velcro. Gonna get some industrial velcro and mount to the bottom of box and car. Should hold them very well.
Cool. So I talked to them a few months ago and they said the passenger side box they had would fit the 2017 but they couldn't confirm the driver side. I guess I'm surprised the 2017 trunk was enough different from the 2015-16 that it warranted a modified design.

Regardless, glad they have it now. My current box for 2 10s takes up too much of my trunk.

OP
OP

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya when I was talking with them on Friday, they apparently had a few people order them for 2017's. One person contacted them letting them know it didn't fit correctly. They've got it mapped out now for the cnc machine to cut everything out and be good to go.
Sponsored