Sponsored

Sport mode clarification

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Car in question is the one in my signature and before someone suggests or demands, I did RTFM.

In my 2012 GT I could double tap the traction control to enter sport mode. I found this as my go to default for everyday driving. I attempted to do the same in my 15 but all I get is traction off then back on with the double flip of the toggle. I tried in park, drive, moving, not moving, etc. I know I can put the transmission into sport but that does not seem to allow for any less restriction than full traction engaged. Also, no lights besides S for transmission are lit to show the traction control is in a different mode than default.

The manual states to enter, you push it twice but I am assuming this is in the base with the button in place of the toggles. So I guess my question is there a way for an auto with premium to go into sport mode for reduced but not defeated traction control and AdvanceTrac intervention? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Sponsored

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Its the "mode" button to the far right of the toggle switches. There is a normal, sport+, track, and snow/wet mode there. Is that what you're looking for?

OP
OP
sloppymax

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I should have mentioned that I have used Sport+ as well but all I feel is a difference in shift points and something that resembles throttle response. The nannies feel the same in Sport+ as they do in normal. I was also under the impression and perhaps wrong but anytime traction is defeated or lessened that the traction control light should be lit.

I was hoping there was something I was missing where I could use reduced intervention of sport mode as it is laid out in the owner's manual without the transmission and throttle changes of Sport+. My drive home is a typical commute with moderate traffic and I find Sport+ to be a bit much in that situation.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I should have mentioned that I have used Sport+ as well but all I feel is a difference in shift points and something that resembles throttle response. The nannies feel the same in Sport+ as they do in normal. I was also under the impression and perhaps wrong but anytime traction is defeated or lessened that the traction control light should be lit.

I was hoping there was something I was missing where I could use reduced intervention of sport mode as it is laid out in the owner's manual without the transmission and throttle changes of Sport+. My drive home is a typical commute with moderate traffic and I find Sport+ to be a bit much in that situation.
Sport+ does what you are asking (mostly). The traction control intervention is definitely not the same as in Normal mode.

The system allows far more slide in Sport+ than Normal.

There is no mode that leaves throttle/transmission response in Normal but also loosens traction control to the level of Sport+ (but not off)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No. no such button. Hold the button down for 5 seconds if your looking to turn traction control completely off. Unless your doing some form of racing I see no point in this! But the mods are what they are.

OP
OP
sloppymax

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Maybe I just need more time in Sport+ because it certainly felt like it would intervene much quicker than sport mode in my 12 or in normal mode in the 15. Might have been a snap judgement. I guess since the base does not get the toggles, they can double tap the traction control button for regular sport mode while maintaining normal transmissions shifts, in the auto obviously.
Sponsored