Splash screen USB

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I recently had my car to the dealer to have the seats tweaked and for some unfortunate body work that's turned into a bit of a nightmare. While I was there I asked the service manager if he could have a tech change the Splash Screen from the Chrome Pony to the GT logo. He said he'd look into it, but I didn't expect him to get it done.

When I picked it up he said he checked it out but was unable to do it. Fine. But then he said that the techs told him that it could be changed with a laptop through the USB port. I've always thought that you needed a FORSCAN adapter to change the codes for it, and were unable to access the memory through the USB.

Of course he couldn't be more specific, and I can't find any further information about it anywhere. Do any of you guys know of a way to do this without a bootleg Sync swap and such?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
I recently had my car to the dealer to have the seats tweaked and for some unfortunate body work that's turned into a bit of a nightmare. While I was there I asked the service manager if he could have a tech change the Splash Screen from the Chrome Pony to the GT logo. He said he'd look into it, but I didn't expect him to get it done.

When I picked it up he said he checked it out but was unable to do it. Fine. But then he said that the techs told him that it could be changed with a laptop through the USB port. I've always thought that you needed a FORSCAN adapter to change the codes for it, and were unable to access the memory through the USB.

Of course he couldn't be more specific, and I can't find any further information about it anywhere. Do any of you guys know of a way to do this without a bootleg Sync swap and such?

Thanks...

He may have meant the USB port OF the laptop :cwl:

you need FORSCAN

OP
OP
Templarum

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
He may have meant the USB port OF the laptop :cwl:

you need FORSCAN
That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming.
Sponsored