ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Hi all,

I just swapped out my NGK 6510s, thought maybe I'd get more consistent ignition corrections with another make (Denso ITV22). Threw them in, went for a quick drive with my AP3. I notice way more sporadic correction, sometimes negative (not more than -1.0) than I did with the NGKs.

My question is this, do plugs need to be broken in or something?

The NGKs seem fine in hindsight, I was just getting spotty ignition correction and thought maybe they were the culprit - but these seem worse.

On the relatively new side to this, appreciate the help.

I am tuned on 93.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Both plug brands are good plugs. I've ran stock, Densos, Brisk, and NGKs. The Densos seem to wear a lot quicker than the NGKs, but I don't think either of them is going to be the source of your problem (unless they're possibly gapped improperly).

Have you changed brands of gas recently? All tuned cars will pick up some minor corrections from time to time too, so keep that in mind.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Nope I've been on Shell 93 for a bit now. It just seemed odd I noticed it right after these were installed.

Appears as though they came pregapped to 0.28 which I like.

Is there anything wrong with installing my old NGKs? They have about 7k on them.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Try changing gas brands to something like Valero, Chevron, or Mobil/Exxon. I've never ran Shell that didn't pick up more corrections than the other brands.

You can change back to the NGKs without harm. How many miles do you have on the Densos?

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
About 10 miles haha.

I've had issues with Mobil around here, and we don't have Chevron unfortunately. Maybe I'll try Valero next.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Valero has been the most consistently good fuel of any I've used. We have almost every brand of gas around my area and it's noticeably better than the rest. Tuners have even made comments about my fuel, lol.

If you only have about 10 miles, then give them a little more time to break in. I'd give them about 1,500 miles and if they're still acting wonky then pull them.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Yea that was my initial thought, maybe I went through the same thing with the NGKs just didn't think about it.

Me discovering logs was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Accountants over analyze EVERYTHING.

I appreciate all the help, sir.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Yea that was my initial thought, maybe I went through the same thing with the NGKs just didn't think about it.

Me discovering logs was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Accountants over analyze EVERYTHING.

I appreciate all the help, sir.
Trust me. I log anything and everything. I'm surprised my AP buttons aren't worn to little nubs by now. I probably have 10 logs from each gas station within a 60 mile radius just analyzing data to see which is the best and most consistent. Lol

My Brisk plugs picked up some negative corrections initially, but seemed to settle down over time (couple thousand miles). So it might be something like that, especially with barely any miles like you have. There could be a machine coating or anything on them that needs to wear off. I'd just give it a little time and see if it gets better since you spent money on them.

It's no problem either. If I can ever help, just let me know.
Sponsored