• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

New York SOLD : WM Garage Automatic Shift Knob and Boot (160$ to start)

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Hey folks,

Since moving into an 18 manual, I'm selling off my Whites Madness Garage Automatic Shift Knob replacement with the accompanying Ford OEM manual boot. It's the "Brushed Aluminum" color option and has the bottom plate screwed in vs. their original version that had problems.

Normal price of the knob is 140 and the boot is around ~50 depending where you look. Since the boot is already set up and I'll take care of shipping, figure I'll start the price at 150$ (I know, screwed up the damn title of the thread). Knob is in perfect condition.

The manual boot removes the PRNDS, giving it a cleaner look, as well as a metal shift ball vs. the plastic shaft Ford put in the OEM automatics. This boot is already modified to work with the aftermarket shifter. It uses the top to an old medicine bottle, and the boot material is stretched around it, held down by 2 small zip-ties that and super-glued together. This set-up lasted 2 years on my automatic with no issues. The 2rd picture (assuming they work off my album) shows it installed in my previous Mustang.

Installation is simple: First, pull up your e-brake. Second, turn on the power (DO NOT START THE CAR). Pull your shifter to S. Pop up the OEM boot cover (wedge a thin screwdriver in-between the 'chrome' portion and the console and pop it up). Lift the boot up as high as you can. On the front of the shaft should be 2 Phillips screws. Get a screwdriver that fits in there tightly and unscrew them. MAKE SURE you catch the screw AND the washer as they come out. Once those 2 screws are off, you should be able to lift the OEM shifter and boot off completely.

Then just reverse the process with the aftermarket assembly: Slide the WMGarage shifter into the top of the manual boot, then slide the black stopper (whatever the hell it is) over the shifter shaft so it's tight up against the bottom of the shifter, then start sliding it over the shift thingy. As you do so, put one of the new screws WITH washer into the TOP hole and slide it down until you feel the screw hit the hole. After removing the OEM unit you should have a good idea where that hole is. Screw the top one in, then screw the bottom one in. Make sure these are TIGHT ENOUGH that they're compressing those spring washers otherwise it can get loose. Then just snap the manual boot chrome piece into place.

Shifter knob retains all the utility of the OEM in terms of necessity of button pushes to enter certain gears. Only difference is that you need to push down on the new knob instead of pressing the "trigger" button.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slayer_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang
Hey folks,

Since moving into an 18 manual, I'm selling off my Whites Madness Garage Automatic Shift Knob replacement with the accompanying Ford OEM manual boot. It's the "Brushed Aluminum" color option and has the bottom plate screwed in vs. their original version that had problems.

Normal price of the knob is 140 and the boot is around ~50 depending where you look. Since the boot is already set up and I'll take care of shipping, figure I'll start the price at 150$ (I know, screwed up the damn title of the thread). Knob is in perfect condition.

The manual boot removes the PRNDS, giving it a cleaner look, as well as a metal shift ball vs. the plastic shaft Ford put in the OEM automatics. This boot is already modified to work with the aftermarket shifter. It uses the top to an old medicine bottle, and the boot material is stretched around it, held down by 2 small zip-ties that and super-glued together. This set-up lasted 2 years on my automatic with no issues. The 2rd picture (assuming they work off my album) shows it installed in my previous Mustang.

Installation is simple: First, pull up your e-brake. Second, turn on the power (DO NOT START THE CAR). Pull your shifter to S. Pop up the OEM boot cover (wedge a thin screwdriver in-between the 'chrome' portion and the console and pop it up). Lift the boot up as high as you can. On the front of the shaft should be 2 Phillips screws. Get a screwdriver that fits in there tightly and unscrew them. MAKE SURE you catch the screw AND the washer as they come out. Once those 2 screws are off, you should be able to lift the OEM shifter and boot off completely.

Then just reverse the process with the aftermarket assembly: Slide the WMGarage shifter into the top of the manual boot, then slide the black stopper (whatever the hell it is) over the shifter shaft so it's tight up against the bottom of the shifter, then start sliding it over the shift thingy. As you do so, put one of the new screws WITH washer into the TOP hole and slide it down until you feel the screw hit the hole. After removing the OEM unit you should have a good idea where that hole is. Screw the top one in, then screw the bottom one in. Make sure these are TIGHT ENOUGH that they're compressing those spring washers otherwise it can get loose. Then just snap the manual boot chrome piece into place.

Shifter knob retains all the utility of the OEM in terms of necessity of button pushes to enter certain gears. Only difference is that you need to push down on the new knob instead of pressing the "trigger" button.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
I know this is an old thread, but do you still have it?