Sponsored

SoCal Residents - First Drive?

joevsw0rld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Looking for suggestions on where to take my new ride after taking delivery. Somewhere with minimal cops and lots of twists and turns preferably.
Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I use to take my club in So Cal down the Ortega highway between Irvine and Lake Elsinore.

The road up to Big Bear is also fun, as is the road up to Palomar Mountain.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Down the pch 101 fw and enjoy the view!

Or to Vegas!

Sponsored

Jules

Proud Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jules
Vehicle(s)
1970 240Z, 2015 Mustang GT prem., auto., Race Red
Planning on Vegas at the end of Nov. for first road trip. Might try the Malibu canyons before then.

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Hey there SoCal buddy, how about driving the same route the Mustangs were taken on during media week? Angeles National Forest seems nice and twisty. I'm also a fan of Topanga Canyon & PCH and I think my favorite is this one: Mulholland to Sunset to Coldwater Canyon. Jay Leno calls this L.A.'s hidden Nurburgring.

Don't die!

It's gonna be fun, man.

-SeventhWard

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Big Bear, Highway 330.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use to take my club in So Cal down the Ortega highway between Irvine and Lake Elsinore.

The road up to Big Bear is also fun, as is the road up to Palomar Mountain.
That's a great bit of road...drove it the other day actually

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Tackled this 64 mile course just after sundown yesterday, which was actually 75 miles...did Topanga Canyon Boulevard twice, which is becoming my favorite road in the city.

8rOK5vn.png

-SeventhWard

Last edited:

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Theres the imfamaous mulholland drive in malibu, theres glendora mountain road, theres sage road which cuts theough the mountains from temecula to hemet. To name a few.
Be careful on sage road though, theres some rough spots!

djamalt

Threads
Reaction score
"The sun don't rise and set on the corner grocery.
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium W/Performance Pack
Tackled this 64 mile course just after sundown yesterday, which was actually 75 miles...did Topanga Canyon Boulevard twice, which is becoming my favorite road in the city.
-SeventhWard
If you like the canyon runs in Malibu, try PCH to Las Flores to Schuern to Stunt to Mulholland (or the reverse). Just stay in your lane when you're out there. Not as many see through two-to-three-turns-ahead stretches out there like on Glendora, and not as many wide sweepers as the Crest.

NOW, IF YOU'RE FEELIN EXTRA SQUIRRELLY, and are up to making the drive out to Neptune's Net on PCH at County Line, head up (I REPEAT UP) the mountain on the ultra-twisty Yerba Buena Rd that is just off the Neptune's Net parking lot — you'll eventually land back on Mulholland, if you do it right and don't take a wrong fork, don't worry you'll know pretty quickly if you took a wrong fork. One important thing to note, there are a few parts of road that are not in the best of conditions, although the last time I was out there (on my motorcycle last summer) it looked like they might be working on repaving the iffy stretches. But it's always been much easier to handle Yerba Buena in a car than on a bike. Just remember don't take it downhill - you will fry either your brakes or clutch or both because this road is too fun to take too slow! It takes you up the highest paved peak in that section of mountains.
Sponsored