Sponsored

SoCal October Cruise - Mulholland Drive?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't think I'm gonna be able to make this one, I've got a lot going on in October but I'll keep an eye out for any November cruises! :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I don't think I'm gonna be able to make this one, I've got a lot going on in October but I'll keep an eye out for any November cruises! :)
Bummer...but for sure we shall meet again, maybe even just zooming around the 'hood ;)

DSagun

Probably the slowest Eco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB aka SEULGI 1
[MENTION=16625]Dirtyblueshirt[/MENTION], [MENTION=8273]DSagun[/MENTION], do you know of a decent spot to meet up, check out each other's rides, take pics, etc, nearby? If it's anything like before, the meeting place would have to accommodate at least 30 drivers :cool:

Also is there a preferred time of day to cruise this route?

...'cause we are gonna need specifics for the flyer :ninja:
My old car crew met up at this location.

It will definitely have enough spaces and more to accommodate our numbers. If we meet up around the same time as last we will have plenty of spaces to park next to each other.

The only thing is, I have only driven Mullholland twice and only once departing from this location so I'm not sure how to navigate to the canyon from here. So someone else will have to lead.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
This is perfect, thank you! :thumbsup:
Wonder if [MENTION=16625]Dirtyblueshirt[/MENTION] would be interested in leading... ? :D:D
Hope his car arrives when promised. :eek:

Thoughts from anyone else?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I don't know about leading... I've done the canyons a few times, but I'll need to be a little (somewhat) conservative the first time out with the Mustang as I learn a new car and handling with RWD :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I don't know about leading... I've done the canyons a few times, but I'll need to be a little (somewhat) conservative the first time out with the Mustang as I learn a new car and handling with RWD :D
Fair enough! ;)

Anyone else interested in participating / possibly leading, who is very familiar with the area?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
@Dirtyblueshirt, @DSagun, do you know of a decent spot to meet up, check out each other's rides, take pics, etc, nearby? If it's anything like before, the meeting place would have to accommodate at least 30 drivers :cool:

Also is there a preferred time of day to cruise this route?

...'cause we are gonna need specifics for the flyer :ninja:

I'll look into some meeting places. Depending on how long you want to make the drive, there's plenty of starting points. There's a "Mother Of All Twisties" route that a group of Mini drivers made up, and our Fiesta group did a few times. It also includes the downhill stretch of Tuna Canyon Road that's one-way. It's a great road, but you really have to be careful. It will cook your brakes and there's a few 90-degree turns with little to nothing preventing you from taking a nosedive into the canyon if you come in too hot.

http://www.4dsonly.com/Photos/MOATmap.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I'll look into some meeting places. Depending on how long you want to make the drive, there's plenty of starting points. There's a "Mother Of All Twisties" route that a group of Mini drivers made up, and our Fiesta group did a few times. It also includes the downhill stretch of Tuna Canyon Road that's one-way. It's a great road, but you really have to be careful. It will cook your brakes and there's a few 90-degree turns with little to nothing preventing you from taking a nosedive into the canyon if you come in too hot.

http://www.4dsonly.com/Photos/MOATmap.jpg
Heh, not too sure about brake-cooking and death-defying 90-degree turns. I think it is safe to assume I am not the only one inexperienced in those situations :p:p:p

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Heh, not too sure about brake-cooking and death-defying 90-degree turns. I think it is safe to assume I am not the only one inexperienced in those situations :p:p:p
Understandable :) The map above really highlights the best roads, so we can easily pick and choose the ones we want to do!

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Understandable :) The map above really highlights the best roads, so we can easily pick and choose the ones we want to do!
Sounds great! I suppose I should just leave it up to you and others who know the area well enough to come up with something awesome :thumbsup: Looks like DSagun has a spot he'd used in the past (previous page).

I have done one half-assed 'tour' around LA shortly after arriving in CA from NC in '97...Hollywood sign, Rodeo Dr...the "obligatory" ride. This experience will surely blow that away. :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Supercar sunday is that weekly car gathering, from mild to wild, in woodland hills from 7 to 9 or 10 am. Many car enthusiasts, clubs, or just friends, drive over to panga Canyon to PCH Or Mulholland for some fun driving. some guys even just shoot over to Neptunes.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
So you mean we can attend this then do Mullholland Drive?
Sounds intriguing.:)

Maybe our forum friends meet somewhere, then attend/depart together?

Looking at the map, it's about 23 miles between this event and Beverly Hills. This could turn into an all-day event. Not that I am complaining. :D
Sponsored