Soaked Carpets

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Carpets wet on driver side: Just picked up a 2015 vert with 50th Anniversary Appearance Package about 3 weeks ago. The other morning ran the max defrost for about 10 minutes. Next day I noticed that carpets on driver side, front and back, were almost soaked. Is this just a coincidence or could a drain have gotten clogged. It had been raining quite hard a few days before but I'm fairly confident that all my windows were closed. Could wet carpets have anything to do with running Max Defrost?
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Has nothing to do with defrost. You more then likely have a clogged drain. If you want to check to make sure water is draining properly, open the top a bit and run some water into the area behind the quarter panel. Water should flow from under the car. The drain is right in front of the rear well IIRC. It should run the same on both sides. If it does not run freely, pop off the top cover where the rear window is, open the top up like halfway and see if you can get in there and unclog it. It is probably filled with leaves and dirt.

OP
OP

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Has nothing to do with defrost. You more then likely have a clogged drain. If you want to check to make sure water is draining properly, open the top a bit and run some water into the area behind the quarter panel. Water should flow from under the car. The drain is right in front of the rear well IIRC. It should run the same on both sides. If it does not run freely, pop off the top cover where the rear window is, open the top up like halfway and see if you can get in there and unclog it. It is probably filled with leaves and dirt.
The two rear drain holes in front of each wheel well were clear as well as the two in front. Popped the top cover as you suggested and the insides were as neat as a pin. My car sits on a slight incline with the front being higher. I'm thinking this might be a problem coming in from the front working it's way to the back. Turned my car around this evening. So we'll see what that does. I'll try the running water method in the morning. Thank you!

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The two rear drain holes in front of each wheel well were clear as well as the two in front. Popped the top cover as you suggested and the insides were as neat as a pin. My car sits on a slight incline with the front being higher. I'm thinking this might be a problem coming in from the front working it's way to the back. Turned my car around this evening. So we'll see what that does. I'll try the running water method in the morning. Thank you!
The cowl drain might be clogged.

OP
OP

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I've been searching for the cowl drains for the last 15 minutes without success. Could they be in a different area other than the firewall on the Verts? Are they duckbill grommets or straight tube? In any case I couldn't find either one. If someone could post a picture of the cowl drains for the 2015 vert i'd be most appreciative.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The drain should be under the plastic cowl cover by the wipers. Not sure how to get it off, but on one or both sides, there should be a hole in the corner for water to drain.

OP
OP

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Thanks, I'll check under the cowls next. Seems rather high up!

JocoRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost Convert
I hope you have found your answer for this, if not, I had the same issue. We took delivery of our '17 vert in august of '17 and the windows would never seal. Took it to the dealer and turns out one of the supports in the top was bent from the factory. The dealer replaced the top under warrenty, but did it incorrectly. We didnt know what. It had always been garaged, and my wife parked in a parking garage. We moved to Virginia for my work and it has been raining a lot and there was a ton of water behind the drivers seat.
Took it to the dealer here, found out the top was installed incorrectly. The drain tray for the rear was not even attached. Wynne ford paid an upholsterer to install the top correctly. It is dy every time it rains and after car washes now. hope this helps!
Sponsored