Sponsored

I've got analysis paralysis, help me pick my wheels.

Which gloss black wheels for my Magnetic/ Black Accent EB?

• Total voters

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I voted for SP2 ! I think they're the best looking

DSC00140-001.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
So, does anyone have pics of black SP2's on magnetic? They seem to be in the lead.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If going for a square setup, is the concave really that much better with the Project6GRs? The rears I can tell from pics are deeper than the SVEs but if going with a 19x10 square that puts the “fronts” at all four corners, will there still be a noticeable difference in the concave?
Yes, its noticeable. I've seen both side by side, my friend actually has R350 square 11s and I've got P6GR 10" square. The R350s just look flat by comparison. Is it worth the extra money, IDK, up to you.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Haha. Mine were already replaced from the drag radials to Nitto's. Once these are worn out Im running Michelins.
Which Michelin combo? MPSS/MPS4S aren't available for the staggered case (i.e. same on F/R).

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Which Michelin combo? MPSS/MPS4S aren't available for the staggered case (i.e. same on F/R).
Pilot Sport 4S

Haven't decided. Previous owner went to 285/35 F and 305/35 R. Not sure if I am going to go back to stock all the way around and run same type, or keep staggered tires and run two different types of Michelin. IIRC that would be the Pilot Sport 4S F and Super Sport R. I kinda like the 285's on the front. Nitto's are still in good shape so it'll be awhile.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Project 6gr 7 spokes are a better version of the R350, but they cost more too. Much deeper concave than the R350.
So I went and took another look at the Project 6gr site this afternoon. As I posted earlier, the difference in price is >50%. I suspect that the price reflects higher quality, probably in the finish. The concave does look deeper but my brain reminds me that with the same width and offset, it is likely an illusion caused by the shape of the spokes. How much deeper could it possibly be before the offset changes? I did notice that the weight is listed as 24.7 lbs, 0.2 lbs heavier than the R350. Surprisingly, the seven and five weigh the same 24.7 lbs. I do like the looks of the five, that and the R355 are really growing on me.
The other thing I noticed was how much I like the ten. And at 22.8 lbs, it's tempting. Great.... I might be up to 5 choices now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be skepical of anything too light weight. Past a point, its coming out of structural integrity unless there is a leap to forged or structural design elements like I-beam spokes start showing up at the expense of looks.

i only mention the P6GR sevens because I’ve got a set and no, the price difference isn’t likely to show up as finish quality, its a just a premium for a smaller manufacturer’s wheel. The R350s will do all the same stuff just as well, they design just isn’t quite as aesthetic to my eye. I bought my P6GR wheels on sale.

the SP2 still gets my vote for style and cost.(I don’t like cleaning 10 spoke wheels)

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I voted SP2 from your choices but I also like the R325.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d be skepical of anything too light weight. Past a point, its coming out of structural integrity unless there is a leap to forged or structural design elements like I-beam spokes start showing up at the expense of looks.

i only mention the P6GR sevens because I’ve got a set and no, the price difference isn’t likely to show up as finish quality, its a just a premium for a smaller manufacturer’s wheel. The R350s will do all the same stuff just as well, they design just isn’t quite as aesthetic to my eye. I bought my P6GR wheels on sale.

the SP2 still gets my vote for style and cost.(I don’t like cleaning 10 spoke wheels)
Ya know, I hadn't thought about the cleaning angle. Still, the Project 6gr TEN is actually five split spokes, similar to the SP2, no?

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
This is probably too far away from what you're after, but someone else might appreciate this:

Tire rack has a closeout on 19x9.5 grey OZ Leggera HLT. Normally $487 for $177 each. 22 lbs with TUV certification, made in Italy (see my story below about made in China, below). They are intended for rears (52.5 offset), but will fit front with a spacer. I have a set of 18x8 Leggeras on my white Eco, and they are great wheels. Beautiful finish, light, and seem plenty stiff. I would buy these 19's for myself for a set of summer rubber, but the wife put a deposit on a C8 build, so I'm in Eco limbo. Here's a link to the wheels:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...ertible&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=EcoBoost+I4

Made in China story:
My brother is with an aftermarket parts company. A coworker went to China on a business trip. He saw a wheel supplier pouring wheel castings outdoors with a cement mixer like device, with a series of molds in the dirt on a downhill slope. The melt would fill a casting and overflow to the next, and so on. That might no seem too bad, until you think about "What is the melt temperature as it reaches the lower molds?" Think their QC rejected the porous and brittle castings?

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Having gone through a similar process myself for over a year, I can relate. I settled on X500 in silver, as silver and square were my top priorities. I wanted a change from black on black, and don’t find graphite wheels on black to have enough contrast even though I loved the R357 and SP2.

S350 in black on a magnetic car sounds right to me, doesn’t feel like you’re posing as a 350. Almost no one would notice that. SP2 is a great design but I think they lose their specialness in black; it’s tough to see the additional ridge in the spokes that looks so interesting.

Hope you settle on something that’s pleasing. Either way you’ll enjoy the wider tires vs the 255

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One vote for the R355, plus my wife. As much as it has grown on me and would be the easiest to clean, not to mention the lightest, I think it's off the list.
The S350 has 3 votes. At one time it was my first choice but it's also off the list.
My son agrees with the majority of you on the SP2 but I can't bring myself to rule out the R350. It's down to the two of them and I'm trying to make up my mind tonight. LMR has revised the pricing so the R350 and S350 no longer cost more than the SP2 and R355 in black.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
One vote for the R355, plus my wife. As much as it has grown on me and would be the easiest to clean, not to mention the lightest, I think it's off the list.
The S350 has 3 votes. At one time it was my first choice but it's also off the list.
My son agrees with the majority of you on the SP2 but I can't bring myself to rule out the R350. It's down to the two of them and I'm trying to make up my mind tonight. LMR has revised the pricing so the R350 and S350 no longer cost more than the SP2 and R355 in black.
Since you have a blackout package car, you already have a black 7 spoke wheel. That would push me to SP2 if only to have a distinct difference in appearance vs the R350.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you have a blackout package car, you already have a black 7 spoke wheel. That would push me to SP2 if only to have a distinct difference in appearance vs the R350.
That's pretty much one side of the decision. OTOH, the SP2 and my BAP wheels are mostly on the same plane, flat with the outer edge of the barrel, and both have grooves that add to the cleaning process. The R350 is still seven spokes, but it is concave and has no grooves in the spokes so a quick wipe with my wash mitt should be all it needs.
Nope, I didn't make up my mind yet. I did my knee exercises after my last post and then went to bed. I'll be making a decision today, even if I have to flip a coin to do it.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it, and yes, I ended up flipping a coin. It was tails, the quarter matched the vote count. I placed the order and instead of a confirmation screen, I got a server error screen. I took that as a sign, if the order went through, all is well, if it didn't go through the next attempt would be for the R350.

I got a confirmation email 10 minutes later, I guess it went through. Now I have to decide between 275/40 and 285/35 and decide which tires to get.
Sponsored