Sponsored

Snow/Wet Mode - What exactly does it do.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I know it limits the throttle a bit, but I want to know exactly what it does on the ecoboost. If anyone has any information on what exactly happens in this mode please share. Also would it be possible to de-tune snow/wet mode using custom tune to limit the turbo to like 25% or less making the ecoboost a pure 4 cylinder car with no boost. (For purely fuel economical reasons).
Sponsored

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I tried that mode once when it was raining. I found it to be quite dangerous - very slow throttle response was unnerving. I'll stick to normal mode for inclement weather.

No idea if it is possible to retune it, but anything is better than stock.

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
I used it several times last winter during +3" snow on the roads and it worked extremely well. I have never saw a need to use it during rain, although I have yet to experience very heavy rain in the Detroit area. I own a GT with the Pirelli All Season tires.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I have the same question. Can I use it to get better mpgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I used it several times last winter during +3" snow on the roads and it worked extremely well. I have never saw a need to use it during rain, although I have yet to experience very heavy rain in the Detroit area. I own a GT with the Pirelli All Season tires.
That's awesome.
The all season tires play a big part in that as well. If it came to it, you could throw on some good, (key word, "good"), winter tires along with that SNOW/WET mode and you'd be in good shape.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I've put it in snow wet mode a couple times in the rain but turned it off because of the throttle response as well. I can see it being helpful in snow which we don't have here, but if you can't drive in the rain in normal mode than get a mini van. You still have traction and stability control in normal. I've tried purposely to get it to come out in the rain in normal and you really have to try. They work good enough for rain conditions.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i used it in an awful down pour one time. it really works. it gimps the car enough and to me feels like you can feel more weight on the rear. whatever it's doing does it pretty good in that awful storm I was in couple months back

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have the same question. Can I use it to get better mpgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm actually getting better MPG in Track mode. Especially if I take it easy.
But I bet it plays with the timing some as well as putting traction control on "high alert" and the obvious throttle response.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
i used it in an awful down pour one time. it really works. it gimps the car enough and to me feels like you can feel more weight on the rear. whatever it's doing does it pretty good in that awful storm I was in couple months back
I have not really had the opportunity to use snow/wet mode yet. But my 13 explorer has something similar, and it feels to me as if it is keeping the car in second gear when taking off from a dead stop. (I assume this helps to keep the tires from spinning). BTW, the Explorer is FWD, and it loses traction very easily on wet roads.
I wonder of the Mustang is using the same method in snow/wet mode. Anyone know if this is the case?

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Snow mode should yeild better mpg assuming you don't give it more gas to adjust for the less throttle gain.

If you are using snow/wet, it's not unsafe. You still have the power, just gotta give it more gas to get there. You should be driving cautious in those conditions already and not be doing anything that needs more throttle than conditions dictate. Unless using it for mpg. In which case, again, you shouldn't be doing things that need more power else why shoot for mpg?

A little logic and common sense goes a long way.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
snow and wet mode is awesome... ihave had this car since last November and it is my DD.

So.. that being said.. We have nemo and i still drove this car.. and snow/wet was awesome...
No matter how hard u press the gas.. car decides how much power to push out and also the brakes.. so that the car does n spin..

It works like a charm mates

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
snow and wet mode is awesome... ihave had this car since last November and it is my DD.

So.. that being said.. We have nemo and i still drove this car.. and snow/wet was awesome...
No matter how hard u press the gas.. car decides how much power to push out and also the brakes.. so that the car does n spin..

It works like a charm mates
That's awesome. Us southerners will be able to drive this winter! LOL!!

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
That's awesome. Us southerners will be able to drive this winter! LOL!!
But always remember brother.... this car is very stable and awesome on snow but never try to f*** arn.. bec be it any sort of car and with all advances .. u screw arna nd it will will screw u back... so yes...if driven as it should be snow /wet mode is worth having special in zones i live...where it snows like shit mate

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
The little woman loves the snow mode. She used it 5 or 6 times last winter when we got some serious snow storms. Also the car has dedicated winter driving tires as well. She this car gets better traction than her last Honda Accord!
Sponsored