Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Does anyone know the part numbers for the smart keys? I'm interested in the plastic back and plastic front, not so much the actual key fob with the buttons.
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
oh you mean the metal spare key that comes inside the fob?

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Let me see if I can clarify this. The key has 3 parts as it comes from the factory, the plastic housing backing you can remove via the tab at the top, the metal key inside, and the rest of the fob with buttons and front housing.

When you remove the rear of the fob housing to access the metal key inside, it looks like there are small tabs around the smart key module which would allow you to remove the module from the plastic housing.

I'm looking for the part numbers to the plastic housing the smart key module sits inside. Preferably to replace it but also to try and find a manufacturer of a different housing for the smart key module.

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Attached photo is of one of the parts in question. I could not get a good shot of the tabs on the front half I was referring to.

Sorry for the mediocre photo.
image.jpg

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I dont think they sell key fob components individually. I've tried looking for them months ago.... I think if you're really anal about it, you could purchase a key fob from eBay and use its cover to replace yours.

OP
OP
Sera550

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
True that. I was hoping someone made some aluminum or carbon fiber fob components to replace the plastic stuff. Mostly because I've chipped and dented mine but also because I wanted to spruce it up a little. Was hoping not to have to buy a whole key though. Maybe I'll check in with my local parts department as well.
Sponsored