Six Piston Brembo Upgrade

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Recently got a little more serious about modding my 2016 Mustang GT Non Performance Pack. Just purchased a host of Steeda suspension parts and was looking to upgrade my rotors to drilled/slotted or slotted. While searching and talking to some companies, I have found that I can upgrade to the six piston brembos for around $915 without the rotors which will be purchased separate.

This is a daily driver and spirited driving car. Has anyone who has actually done this upgrade from stock GT brakes comment on this option before I purchase rotors. I do love the cosmetic benefit as well and I am all for cosmetic upgrades as well as performance upgrades.

Thanks!
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Brembos are great but if you are just spirited driving, then have your regular GT brakes painted and, hell, paint the Brembo logo on them, who cares. It's poser, but you don't need Brembos for a daily driver and the regular brakes actually hold their own on a track.

I dislike drilled rotors unless they are OEM and/or were specifically designed to be drilled rotors and the drilling was done properly to avoid micro-cracking that leads to big issues. A daily driven car with drilled rotors from the aftermarket will probably never have an issue, but slotted rotors make more sense in so many ways and are safer.

If you want to do the Brembos, buy the OEM slotted rotors Steeda does.