Sponsored

Silver Shadow

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
I bet that none of the two existing USB are giving 2A. So veryyyyyyyy slow charging (similar to computer's usb).
Modern mobile phones need alot of current power because of huge batteries. If you check the default wall power supply chargers all are at least 2A (some models even higher 2.1A).
In a matter of fact even the cable does REALLY matter!
I also read that plugging the phone directly to the USB port may cause some issues (switching continuously from charging to drive, etc).
Futhermore, a phone seems to absorb no more that 0.5 A, meaning very slow charging).
A cigarette USB plug may be the right choice.
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, if you get this cheap tester http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Power-A...ltimeter-MA-/131339339418?hash=item1e946f469a
You can test yourself easily in REAL-TIME !!
The phones absorb 1.7-2.A (when empty) under two specific conditions:
- the charger is powerful enough
- you must use the correct usb cable. Usually the one provided with the phone is the correct.

Trust me I have made alot of tests with chraging because my phone is very demanding in power so I can tell even the slightest difference (charger or cable).

No common USB port is giving 2A. It needs extra equipment.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I bet that none of the two existing USB are giving 2A. So veryyyyyyyy slow charging (similar to computer's usb).
Modern mobile phones need alot of current power because of huge batteries. If you check the default wall power supply chargers all are at least 2A (some models even higher 2.1A).
In a matter of fact even the cable does REALLY matter!
I also read that plugging the phone directly to the USB port may cause some issues (switching continuously from charging to drive, etc).
Futhermore, a phone seems to absorb no more that 0.5 A, meaning very slow charging).
A cigarette USB plug may be the right choice.
you are right, I know all these stuff of charging power but I was thinking that ports in a modern car would at least give 1A.. my phone (a Nexus 5) would not require much more.
Second thing, I have a chigarette lighter charger that gives 2.1A but I haven't really never used it.. I never need a charge when in car.
And third, I really don't want those cables laying around the car :D

Guys, if you get this cheap tester http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Power-A...ltimeter-MA-/131339339418?hash=item1e946f469a
You can test yourself easily in REAL-TIME !!
The phones absorb 1.7-2.A (when empty) under two specific conditions:
- the charger is powerful enough
- you must use the correct usb cable. Usually the one provided with the phone is the correct.

Trust me I have made alot of tests with chraging because my phone is very demanding in power so I can tell even the slightest difference (charger or cable).

No common USB port is giving 2A. It needs extra equipment.
I have the exact same usb tester :D but I always charge my phone at home with a wireless pad. Very useful!

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
She's home ! :D

One happy family :headbang:

:first: you really must be a fan of colour-keyed taillights.

a red convertible with red tri bar taillights
a black Volvo with black taillights
a silver Fastback with silver tri bar taillights
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
:first: you really must be a fan of colour-keyed taillights.

a red convertible with red tri bar taillights
a black Volvo with black taillights
a silver Fastback with silver tri bar taillights
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:cheers:
Yeah thinking of it, must be... The Volvo lights are great and pretty unique as well when they are on.

I'm going to order following items at MAPerformance and got very good prices !!

- Mishimoto catch can http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-mustang-ecoboost-baffled-oil-catch-can-kit-15.html
- Green hypo air filter (replaces stock one) http://www.maperformance.com/2015-f...-drop-in-air-filter-by-green-filter-7275.html
- Diode dynamics interior kit (stage 1) http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...ng-interior-led-conversion-kit/category/1444/
- Diode dynmaics Switchbacks (3 to 4 weeks for new, working, model !)

If anyone is interested in prices and ordering as well PM me.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Ho do you plan to make the switchback works?
These are designed to use only two wires, because US model have power on the turning light wires all the time, and intermittent power for blinking.
EU model does not have constant power on turning light wires.. only way could be a 3-contacts switchbacks (as the one caniggia said to have) and connect a wire from the parking light to the contact for 'white on'.
I don't know if this could be done with the 2-contact lamp. I imagine that you will have white always on and when turning, amber will not blink.

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Good point papinist.

Feedback I got from DD :
I don't foresee any issues with the switchbacks on an EU car. We've sold dozens of pairs to international customers.

We do have a dealers in Europe: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i.../find-dealers/

The question is are these international customers driving imported or CE models...I'll continue my digging. I'll recheck what Caniggia wrote...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well since this model is just released, probably are customers with US models, or other type of cars with turning lights always on as parking lights.
The simple way in my opinion is, as caniggia said, to connect the + from the parking light wire at the switchback 'white' contact.

Try to explain to DD that EU cars have turning lights always OFF until you turn..

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
My car went back to the dealer yesterday and they performed their very first mustang experiment ! 4 mods were added :

1) Upper GT grill front
2) USA ecoboost rear decklid with runing pony (replaces faux gas cap)
3) Ford Racing Borla Touring axleback exhaust
4) Boomba racing Shift knob (feels great compared to original and switching gears is a bit smoother!)

The pictures :

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good like this :)

And how is the Borla Touring axle back exhaust with Noises ?
Exhaust is as expected. Adds some deeper tones. When hitting the pedal in stationery it sounds really great. And driving gives it a bit more rumble but not exagerated. Love the looks as well (FR engraving and diameter gives it a more agressive look)

Up to the next chapter !

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
My car went back to the dealer yesterday and they performed their very first mustang experiment ! 4 mods were added :

1) Upper GT grill front
2) USA ecoboost rear decklid with runing pony (replaces faux gas cap)
3) Ford Racing Borla Touring axleback exhaust
4) Boomba racing Shift knob (feels great compared to original and switching gears is a bit smoother!)
Looks great, so you got your own personalized Mustang now, enjoy it.
Sponsored